cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card refreshing

jamelia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with Public mobile a couple yesrs, and like their service.

My sim card is constanyly refreshing on my fairly new samsung A70, and research is telling me the sim card is probably bad.

I'm in FL for the winter and would like to find a solution.

Is it possible to try to reset the sim card from the phone, or who do I contact to replace the card?  Should be at no charge.

Or do I just cancel the service until I get home?

Thanks for any ideas.

5 REPLIES 5

@jamelia 

Intermittent failures can be caused by faulty electrical connections.

Test your SIM card in another phone for a while, if you can. Test another SIM card in your phone for a while, if you can. This can help identify which hardware is causing fault.

You can clean electrical contacts with a pink eraser or clean isopropyl and lint-free q-tips, toothbrush, etc - there's tons of info all over google about the specifics. There's often near-invisible oils/residue which interrupts proper electrical contact. There's sometimes near-invisible corrosion caused by moisture or galvanic fretting.

You can also clean the electrical contacts inside the phone's SIM slot, assuming they're physically accessible. Remove any dirt or debris. Straighten any bent or misaligned pins. The metal contacts can eventually deform and lose the necessary mechanical springiness. The solder points can be cracked from excessive force or impact. The gold plating can be worn away enough to oxidize the underlying substrate or to just prevent a solid friction-fitted interface.

jamelia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As I said, I am not new to public mobile or florida.

This has just started recently, I will start a ticket.

Thought someone may have something to try instead.

Thanks for your suggestion

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jamelia wrote:

I have been with Public mobile a couple yesrs, and like their service.

My sim card is constanyly refreshing on my fairly new samsung A70, and research is telling me the sim card is probably bad.

I'm in FL for the winter and would like to find a solution.

Is it possible to try to reset the sim card from the phone, or who do I contact to replace the card?  Should be at no charge.

Or do I just cancel the service until I get home?

Thanks for any ideas.

What do you mean when you say it's "constantly refreshing" ?

As you know, unless you have a 10 Day US Roaming add-on your PM features won't work whilst you're in FL.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jamelia , can you try reseating the SIM card in the phonev to see if that helps.  Anyway, you will need to contact the moderator team for support on SIM card replacement if that is what's needed.  Click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the webpage to initiate a support ticket. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you don't need the service but want to keep you account then you could suspend your account for up to 90 days.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

You can order a new sim through Canadian supplies.com who usually have them in sale when you return.

Need Help? Let's chat.