cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not working

TeresaU
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son is trying to set up a PM account.  He got the account set up, but his SIM card is not working.  His phone was off, until he put the new sim card in and he did not get the messages to reply within 90 minutes that he wanted to confirm the transfer from previous supplier to PM.

Now his new sim card is not working and he has no phone use.  He sent a message in through the chatbot? about a sim swap or activation, but it stated it could take 48 hours to hear back.  It asked for all of his previous supplier info. as well as his new sim card info.  Is this the correct way to get the problem solved?  

9 REPLIES 9

Justin2323
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

U must make sure all your innfo MB iisbjopinb be 

Justin2323

Try asking the community or use Simon 

Justin2323

Use the community or Simon be patient

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TeresaU ,

Kick start the PM network by trying one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*did you check to see if his phone it locked to its previous provider (if it had one)?

@TeresaU 

Tell your son to keep an eye on his private message box (the envelope icon) next to his avatar at the top right corner of his screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times. 

Moderator response times average 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent issues but are currently about one hour during moderator business hours.

He can check on the status of his port and reinitiate the porting process if he did not respond to the porting authorization test by calling the telus porting department but I have a feeling he won't have to wait much longer for a response from the moderators as long as he knows where to look for their reply.

TeresaU

OK, thanks so much.  I will pass this on to him, somehow.

@TeresaU 

You mentioned he didn't get the SMS and did not reply yes?

Call  the Port team: 1-x to re-trigger the SMS .  This time, make sure he put in the OLD SIM in the phone and wait for the SMS

TeresaU

okay, so the message he sent in, will get a reply?  this is the correct action to take?

@TeresaU wrote:

My son is trying to set up a PM account.  He got the account set up, but his SIM card is not working.  His phone was off, until he put the new sim card in and he did not get the messages to reply within 90 minutes that he wanted to confirm the transfer from previous supplier to PM.

Now his new sim card is not working and he has no phone use.  He sent a message in through the chatbot? about a sim swap or activation, but it stated it could take 48 hours to hear back.  It asked for all of his previous supplier info. as well as his new sim card info.  Is this the correct way to get the problem solved?  

The old carrier's SIM card no longer works? This means that the number porting has completed. I do suspect that this could be an account provisioning issue.  You'll need to wait for a reply from a mdoerator.

Need Help? Let's chat.