cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
grimsby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sim card not working

phone says no sim I am logged in, my account is active and new.  Wifes sim card works in my phone (public) my card won't work in hers or mine.  Is it a bad card


Accepted Solutions
Dunkman
Oracle

Re: Sim card not working

@grimsby 

It might be a bad SIM, but SIM card are not defective often.  

Account might not have been provisioned properly.

 

I would recommend contacting moderator first:

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

 

[Actual solution among suggestions highlighted  .......  Luddite]

View solution in original post


All Replies
Dunkman
Oracle

Re: Sim card not working

@grimsby 

It might be a bad SIM, but SIM card are not defective often.  

Account might not have been provisioned properly.

 

I would recommend contacting moderator first:

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

 

[Actual solution among suggestions highlighted  .......  Luddite]

View solution in original post

popping
Oracle

Re: Sim card not working

@grimsby 

While you are waiting for moderator to work on your account, add $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provusion your account again.  Good luck.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

Re: Sim card not working


@grimsby wrote:

phone says no sim I am logged in, my account is active and new.  Wifes sim card works in my phone (public) my card won't work in hers or mine.  Is it a bad card


Does it also say no sim in her phone too or you just can't make calls, send texts, or use data?

grimsby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Sim card not working

Thanks, I tried that still not working.

grimsby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Sim card not working

No it won't work for calls or texts


@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@grimsby wrote:

phone says no sim I am logged in, my account is active and new.  Wifes sim card works in my phone (public) my card won't work in hers or mine.  Is it a bad card


Does it also say no sim in her phone too or you just can't make calls, send texts, or use data?


 

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Sim card not working

The Sim could be damaged. Make sure your phone is not locked to a carrier or blacklisted on telus. If your Wife too got Public Mobile then it might not be the case.
Try cheching your network settings on your phone as well and make sure that it is set to automatic.

grimsby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Sim card not working

Thanks it was the SIM card that was defective

nikolariet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Sim card not working

How to add $1 to which account ?My problem is when I try to active my sim card, system showing "invalid sim card"

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Sim card not working


@nikolariet wrote:

How to add $1 to which account ?My problem is when I try to active my sim card, system showing "invalid sim card"


 @nikolariet 

It would be organized if you kept working on your other thread.

You're not at the point where this would be helpful to you so disregard this thread. Good of you to be looking around though.

Need Help? Let's chat.