cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not working

grimsby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

phone says no sim I am logged in, my account is active and new.  Wifes sim card works in my phone (public) my card won't work in hers or mine.  Is it a bad card

10 REPLIES 10

maxmobile

contact moderator

my number is xxxxxxxxxxxxx

account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Name xxxxxxxxxxxx

$50 plan

I bought new sim yesterday but it is not working

edited by computergeek541: account information removed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikolariet wrote:

How to add $1 to which account ?My problem is when I try to active my sim card, system showing "invalid sim card"

@nikolariet 

It would be organized if you kept working on your other thread.

You're not at the point where this would be helpful to you so disregard this thread. Good of you to be looking around though.

nikolariet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to add $1 to which account ?My problem is when I try to active my sim card, system showing "invalid sim card"

grimsby

Thanks it was the SIM card that was defective

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The Sim could be damaged. Make sure your phone is not locked to a carrier or blacklisted on telus. If your Wife too got Public Mobile then it might not be the case.
Try cheching your network settings on your phone as well and make sure that it is set to automatic.

grimsby

No it won't work for calls or texts

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@grimsby wrote:

phone says no sim I am logged in, my account is active and new.  Wifes sim card works in my phone (public) my card won't work in hers or mine.  Is it a bad card

Does it also say no sim in her phone too or you just can't make calls, send texts, or use data?

grimsby

Thanks, I tried that still not working.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@grimsby wrote:

Does it also say no sim in her phone too or you just can't make calls, send texts, or use data?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@grimsby 

While you are waiting for moderator to work on your account, add $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provusion your account again.  Good luck.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@grimsby 

It might be a bad SIM, but SIM card are not defective often.  

Account might not have been provisioned properly.

I would recommend contacting moderator first:

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

[Actual solution among suggestions highlighted  .......  Luddite]

Need Help? Let's chat.