cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not activated

Ry_1982
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My girlfriend bought a plan and sim card at Walmart today now it's saying no sim card, network not available. Why is it doing this?

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ry_1982  Try removing the SIM from the device and wait for 15 minutes. Reinsert the SIM and check to see if your can connect to the PM network. If yes, then click here to register your selfserve account.

If you're still getting the no sim error then the account was not provisioned properly. Best to submit a ticket to PM for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@gblackma wrote:

@Ry_1982 Did you port a number? Have your set up my account? 

@Ry_1982  In case you're unaware, what @gblackma  is referring to, is setting up an account, that you can access by clicking on "My Account", up at the top, right of the page.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Ry_1982 Did you port a number? Have your set up my account? 

@Ry_1982 wrote:

My girlfriend bought a plan and sim card at Walmart today now it's saying no sim card, network not available. Why is it doing this?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Did it ever work since the activation?

Did she create selfserve?

What is the status of her account if yes

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you test in another phone? Did payment go through?

If it won't work inn a phone that is confirmed working on telus network you should contact moderators

Need Help? Let's chat.