cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card locked from Public Mobile

Gibson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a phone for my wife and set her up on the Public Mobile network almost 5 or 6 months ago. The phone worked fine on the network and she's had no problems until today. Her phone says "Sim card locked" and she cannot use the phone to call or text.

It was a brand new unlocked phone, and a brand new Sim card, and like I said for 5 or 6 months she's had no problem with it.

Any ideas of why this happened out of nowhere?

11 REPLIES 11

@Gibson wrote:

Trust me guys, she wouldn't know how to do that, she had trouble figuring out how to use spotify on it, so I highly doubt she would lock the sim. I'll check the phone when she gets home from work just to be sure...

It may be accidental

Try1234 or the screen lock code

Gibson

Thanks for your help. I'm going to look through the settings when she gets home from work, and if it's not locked, at least I have the option now to escalate it with mods

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Gibson wrote:

I bought a phone for my wife and set her up on the Public Mobile network almost 5 or 6 months ago. The phone worked fine on the network and she's had no problems until today. Her phone says "Sim card locked" and she cannot use the phone to call or text.

It was a brand new unlocked phone, and a brand new Sim card, and like I said for 5 or 6 months she's had no problem with it.

Was someone playing with your wife's phone and enter in the incorrect password to many times?  Sound like you will need a PUK code from the moderators.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@GibsonIf you tried the SIM card in 2 other known unlocked phone and it is giving you the same error you will need to contact the Moderators via this link. Expect to hear from them up to 48 hours depending on their workload.

Gibson

Trust me guys, she wouldn't know how to do that, she had trouble figuring out how to use spotify on it, so I highly doubt she would lock the sim. I'll check the phone when she gets home from work just to be sure...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Gibson wrote:

@Gibson  Sound like the sim lock was triggered. If it asks you to unlock it try 1234 otherwise purchase a new sim card and do a sim card change from within selfserve or ask a PM moderator for a PUK code. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

It looks like she set up the sim card lock.

Are you on android phone?

You can find it in settings then security

If it was accidental it may be the same as the screen lock.

Did kids maybe play with the phone?

Gibson

The phone is a BlackBerry Z30 16GB - STA100-5. And she's never had any problems on the network until today

Gibson

I have tried it on 2 unlocked phone, and I get the same message

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@GibsonSince we cannot see what you are doing.. can you start from the top? What phone did you get your wife?

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

did you try this sim card on your phone? check if it works.

Need Help? Let's chat.