cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card issues

Bin555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My sim had issue, it worked after restarting the phone or turning on/off the airplane mode, but after some time, it stopped working again, both call/sms were not working.
I actually did online sim change, but the new card has same issue. I already tried the sim card on the other two normal working phones. 

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks

26 REPLIES 26

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Corrected APN (MMSC missing .net). Sorry but I am saving my tag by not editing the original post.

APN.

Name

Mobile Internet

APN

sp.mb.com

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

Not set

Password

Not set

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy

mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

Not set

APN type

default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol

IPv4

APN roaming protocol

IPv4

APN enable/disable

APN enabled

Bearer

Unspecified

MVNO type

GID

MVNO value

4D4F

@Bin555 

I'm happy to hear that....have a glass of cab to celebrate. That's all I can think of when I see your username...lol!🍷

Bin555

A new sim card solved my problem. Thanks everyone.

[Unusual for SIM to fail ....... Luddite]

Jamesh78

Yes I did and it worked. Thank you very much. If I could I would dance at your wedding haha. Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jamesh78 : Yes. APN = Access Point Name. You can edit what you have there or add a new one. But your phone might have some issues with that. Let us know if you can't add or edit.

Jamesh78

Do I copy that on access points?

@Jamesh78 

As long as you are up to date and you don't have greyed out settings you can edit your APN.

Name

Mobile Internet

APN

sp.mb.com

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

Not set

Password

Not set

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://aliasredirect/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy

mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

Not set

APN type

default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol

IPv4

APN roaming protocol

IPv4

APN enable/disable

APN enabled

Bearer

Unspecified

MVNO type

GID

MVNO value

4D4F

Jamesh78

It worked in my old phone I took it from

@Jamesh78 

Make sure all of your software is up to date first.

@Jamesh78 wrote:

It's a Umidigi A9. I got it from Amazon

@Jamesh78 

Are you able to try troubleshooting by placing your SIM card in another phone to see whether data works.

See below APN Settings:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

Check your APN settings. For Android phones try editing to this.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/what-you-should-do-after-activating

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Jamesh78

It's a Umidigi A9. I got it from Amazon

@Jamesh78 

What's the make and model of your phone ? That would really help us help you.

@Jamesh78 wrote:

I got a new phone and switched sim card and the card works for texting and calling but no data. I still have over 7 gb when I checked my usage. What gives?

Make sure cellular data is on and your apn settings are correct. Also try a network reset.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=Apn

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jamesh78 : Your new phone needs to be configured for data. Maybe post screenshots of your APN settings. And of course actually turn on data...seriously...some people forget so it has to said.

Jamesh78

I got a new phone and switched sim card and the card works for texting and calling but no data. I still have over 7 gb when I checked my usage. What gives?

@Bin555 

I think it lies more in an account reset and reprovisioning the sim card. If it was happening before you changed sim cards and its still happening that means the service end/ account is not communicating properly with the sim card vs the sim card not communicating well with the phone. 

Put account reset/reprovision sim in the subject line of a private message or to simon and human because he's simple...lol...Simple--Simon....follow the prompts to submit your ticket or leave a detailed message in private messaging.

The contact info has already been supplied to you.

Stay--Safe!!

Bin555

Suspend/resume method from account does not work.

Bin555

I am trying z10user4's method to see if it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bin555 

your welcome dear

and i hope the are fix it for you as soon as possible,

Good Luck

Bin555

Thanks S--S for suggestion.

Bin555

I actually did factory reset on my phone at the very beginning when I thought it was device issues, but did not solve this problem. This phone works normal on Fido's sim card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bin555 : Can you log in to your self-serve account? If so, click on Plans & Add-ons and then Lost/stolen and click on Suspend. Log out, wait a few moments, log back in and back and click Resume. Maybe restart the phone and see if it comes back. If the problem is intermittent then that's always a problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bin555 

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%. the have to check your network line issue,

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Bin555

When I tried it on the other phone, got same result, working at the beginning, then not working after a few minutes. The signal bar is quite strong. Both phones are working when using Fido sim cards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bin555 

do you try your SIM card on another device, to you make sure is issue with SIM card or your device.

and if your issue with your device you can try to do factory reset and do backup if you want it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bin555 : And when you tried the SIM in another phone, what happened? How is your reception where you are? Low bars? Are you possibly in MB?

Need Help? Let's chat.