cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card in not working in second Sim slot of my android phone

akhila_mb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my mobile is having 2 sim slots. My sim card is working in first sim slot but not working in second sim slot. Please let me know do I need to change any settings. ?

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@akhila_mb wrote:

my mobile is having 2 sim slots. My sim card is working in first sim slot but not working in second sim slot. Please let me know do I need to change any settings. ?

@akhila_mb  when the sim is in slot 2 go into the sim slot 2 settings and take a look at preferred network type settings and compare them with slot 1. If you can select the settings to be similar to the slot 1 settings make the change an see if it works. If not, then more likely that sim slot is not compatible. As others have mentioned if you let us know the make and model of your device we can confirm if slot 2 is in fact compatible.

@Anonymous wrote:

@akhila_mb wrote:

No need. Use what works. Some phones have different frequencies set up on different slots. Use the one that works. If that's conflicting with wanting to use the other SIM then you have some decisions to make.

It's not for you or I to judge why OP needs to run a dual SIM phone with Public Mobile SIM in slot 2.  Let's stick to the troubleshooting where possible.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@akhila_mb , what model of phone are you using?  Some older dual SIM phones only support 2G on SIM 2.  Public Mobile does not offer 2G service. I suspect that is your problem with connectivity on SIM 2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akhila_mb wrote:

No need. Use what works. Some phones have different frequencies set up on different slots. Use the one that works. If that's conflicting with wanting to use the other SIM then you have some decisions to make.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@akhila_mbYou will have to refer to your phone's manual. Some phone's different slots can only access certain bands.

Need Help? Let's chat.