cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card can't access to network

agnant1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone was working perfectly fine before I took the subway and now it's been a week since i can't access to my network

Network; Unknown

Mobile network type; unknown

Service state; out of service

Roaming; not roaming

Mobile network state; disconnected

IP adress; unavailable

I did a full reset on mty phone, it didn't work. My sim card i put it in an another phone and it worked so i don't know what is the problem 

13 REPLIES 13

@agnant1 That is really upsetting. If you have type/model/price in mind folks may have some ideas.

In the meantime try reading here:

Time for a fresh phone?             

Where can I buy a phone to use with Public Mobile?             

How do I know if my phone will work on the Public Mobile network?

Also, any Koodo/Telus phone will operate on PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Holy cow that is messed up!! So the seller reported it as lost/stolen AFTER you activated it? Or it just took a while for the blocking to actually come into effect?

How did it even occur to you to test the IMEI of the phone to see if it's being blocked?

agnant1

I found out that my phone was signaled stolen/lost by the  seller i buy it  from so this is why i couldn't actually have my network. Unfortunalety, i had no option than buy a new phone 😞 before you buy an unlocked phone not by a shop please guys check the IMEI to see if it's blacklisted 

Good idea @agnant1! And yes, please let us know what you find.

agnant1

yess it's really my phone problem so i'll get check it in a repair shop today i will tell you the result

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Daniel and @vrance, from @agnant1's first post - the phone was working on PM until s/he took the subway and lost reception. And, s/he has managed to use the SIM card in another phone without a problem. It sounds like hardware/software on the phone causing a disruption.

@agnant1, have you had a chance to investigate further?

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @agnant1,

I didn't see this suggestion, but could it be possible that your phone is simply lock with your previous carrier?

If so, you would either need to contact your previous carrier to have your phone unlock or to unlock it manually through a online service.

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @agnant1, do you have any phone to try it out if it is the phone issue? or another SIM card from other carrier.  It seems that the phone cannot recognize the SIM card, and hence cannot connect to the network.  If you have either SIM card or phone, you can eliminate the other error.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As was already suggested, your best bet is to have the phone checked out at a repair centre, hopefully you're still under warranty. I had a similar issue with my nexus 5, everything was working fine then after being in an area without service, I couldn't regain access at all (I was with Virgin at the time). After several attempts at resetting, I took it in and the radio needed to be replaced...I suspect that a fall or bump had put my phone on its last leg, then the lost signal revealed the hardware issue. Fortunately I was still under warranty.

agnant1

It's a LG G3 but it was working perfectly fine before

What phone model is it?

Mayor / Maire

@agnant1 wrote:

My phone was working perfectly fine before I took the subway and now it's been a week since i can't access to my network

Network; Unknown

Mobile network type; unknown

Service state; out of service

Roaming; not roaming

Mobile network state; disconnected

IP adress; unavailable

I did a full reset on mty phone, it didn't work. My sim card i put it in an another phone and it worked so i don't know what is the problem 

@agnant1 If it's a phone issue, it's very hard to diagnose without having physical access to the phone. My best suggestion would be to take it to a cellphone repair shop to see what they can tell you.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Possible that the Sim Slot in the phone maybe damaged, or Phone hardware issues. If under warranty, have store where you bought from look into it and maybe they can get phone to work

Need Help? Let's chat.