cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card and phone

Madmonigan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My service is unavailable and I'm wondering why.i paid for the service and all of a sudden I can't call text or use my data. Can you look into this for me please and thank you

11 REPLIES 11

anshuldewan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a similar issue. My previous service provider didn't release the number. Got it sorted today.

Did you port your number or purchased new? In either case create a ticket with Moderator team.

@kb_mv wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Madmonigan wrote:

Hello I'm still having trouble with sim card. I checked the numbers and they match. I can't even dial 611 to check either. So I dont know what other options I have  to do 

Go back into your self serve account and immedaitely change your password and security quetsion.  Report your phone as lost/stolen and then open a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot to have service restored on the proper SIM card.

@computergeek541 The OP said the numbers matched?

Sorry. I misread.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Madmonigan wrote:

Hello I'm still having trouble with sim card. I checked the numbers and they match. I can't even dial 611 to check either. So I dont know what other options I have  to do 

Go back into your self serve account and immedaitely change your password and security quetsion.  Report your phone as lost/stolen and then open a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot to have service restored on the proper SIM card.

@computergeek541 The OP said the numbers matched?

@Madmonigan , What is showing on your phone ?  SIM not-provisioned?  No service?

Also, if you have checked the SIM last 4 digits on your SIM card match with My Account , then it's good--at least not SIMjacked.  Try to turn off the phone, re-sit the SIM firmly, restart the phone and see.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you reboot phone? Reset network settings? What have you done? Model of phone?

@Madmonigan wrote:

Madmonigan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Madmonigan wrote:

My service is unavailable and I'm wondering why.i paid for the service and all of a sudden I can't call text or use my data. Can you look into this for me please and thank you

Dial 611 to hear the status of your account. If you have a valid credit card on your account, you can also pay for next renewal if it's run out.

Keep us updated.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It will show the last 4 digits of the sim card.  Take the sim out of your phone. Do they match?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Madmonigan wrote:

Can you login to your self-serve account? If so, does the status say Active? If so, can you use the Change SIM function and take note of the last 4 digits of the registered SIM card #. Then compare that to your actual SIM in your phone. Are they the same?

Need Help? Let's chat.