cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card Puk

Jenreimer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've inserted my new SIM card and now the phone is asking for a PUK to unlock it how do I find that?

7 REPLIES 7

@Toyin77 wrote:

is asking me to call my carrier to obtain my Puk code

@Toyin77   What was the exact error message you got?  there are different kinds of PUK

One that PM can provide is the SIM card PUK.  This is needed if you have set a PIN for your SIM card and you enter the PIN every time you reboot your phone.  If you failed too many times, it got locked and PM can provide you with that.  

For this sim card puk, you can open ticket with this diret link

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

The other common one is the device unlock code.  The phone could have been locked to a particular carrier and it will only accept sim card from that carrier.  This is not something PM can provide you.  You have to check with the carrier where you got the phone from.

Toyin77

what do you mean by a carrier?

Toyin77

is asking me to call my carrier to obtain my Puk code

@Jenreimer 

Here is a good summary of the various "PUK" codes:

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" -  Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
    • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly up to ten times in a row, the SIM card 

becomes unusable.

@GinYVR wrote:

If the SIM card in another phone doesn't ask for the PUK then it was the unlock code which you will need to get another provider.

They'll need both of network PIN and network PUK if this phone is locked.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@JenreimerThere are several different PUK's what is the exact message and the length? Try swapping your SIM card to another phone to see if the message persists. If so, you will need to contact the Moderators for the code.

If the SIM card in another phone doesn't ask for the PUK then it was the unlock code which you will need to get another provider.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

The sim card PUK is for security. Only moderators can provide it. That is unlikely because you don't need that unless sim card PIN is guessed wrongly.

If you need network unlock PUK, the phone is locked to a carrier. Contact them for codes.

Need Help? Let's chat.