cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I signed up on the weekend in a Wal-Mart store and I realized now that the store clerk kept the sim card packing that has the other two sized sim cards.   With previous carriers I have always kept all of them, so what happens if I change phones with a different sized sim?  Do I have to sign up again?

2 REPLIES 2

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dmbcanada, the plastic rings are easy to get.  If you want to keep one in the shoe box for potential future use, just pop by a cell shop the next time you are in the mall and ask.  Most shops probably have plenty kicking around.  Most new phones these days are going to the nano size anyway. 

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @dmbcanada

Well it all depends. If you have used the regular SIM size for you phone now and your future new phone is the same or smaller size, you can still punch out the extras. However if it's larger then you will have to either get a new SIM card or find an adapter somewhere. 

One thing is to check with friends and family and see if they have any old unused SIM cards, the cutouts are usually interchangeable with popular formats of SIM sizes.

I hope that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.