cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card not reading

connordutra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sim card not reading

I went on a vacation for around a month and removed my public mobile sim card in order to temporarily replace it with another sim. When I returned from my trip, I put my public mobile sim back in my phone however, it would only work for 10 minutes before giving me an alert saying there was no sim in the phone. If i restart my phone or take the sim out then put it  back in the sim will work for 10 minutes but will eventually stop working. Any suggestions?

Sincerley, Connor. 

7 REPLIES 7

Scoman20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try the sim in another device to see if you get the same result.... then you can at least eliminate some of the potential issues.

Try a network reset first before going to the big reset!

@GR wrote:

@vilette   the thing with lg phones is most times you have to do a factory reset to get the carrier settings to work after you switch Sim cards

GR
Mayor / Maire

@vilette   the thing with lg phones is most times you have to do a factory reset to get the carrier settings to work after you switch Sim cards

vilette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why did you ask if it's an LG phone? I just switched to an LGG5 and I am having problems with my SIM (and not receiving all texts that are sent to me) - are there ongoing issues with LG? (I didn't have problems with my previous phone - same Public Mobile account)

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@connordutraCheck your selfserve account to see your account status? Also check your SIM card number to see if it matches your SIM card.

Another thing to check is your phone network selection selected to the foreign SIM card you had used?

Also swap your Public Mobile SIM card with another known working phone to see how it works.

Being booted off the network suggest to me that there is something amiss with your account or your phone. Let us know what you see.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Any chance it's an LG Phone? Try a network reset.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have another phone then try putting the sim in it.  Another suggestion is that you may need a new sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.