cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal

ljdemont
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I always have lots of bars of signal on my iPhone SE since joining PM over a week ago.
Today, suddenly, I've dropped down to 1 bar. Is anyone else experiencing this?

5 REPLIES 5

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Signal bars can drop when the device hits "low power mode" - it throttles power to the radio hardware, so lower sensitivity and lessr reception range. Old devices with old batteries are often condemned to weak signal (except for emergency calls), even when they are fed external power and report "100% charge" (because old batteries cannot output 100% new-factory-rated power and sloppy embedded firmware/software implementations don't consistently account for these differences). 

Maybe this doesn't apply to your device (yet), maybe it does. 

ngjf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have noticed that. My phone has Dual SIM using sim1-RG and sim2-PM.. RG has full bar, PM has less but PM is more stable even it has less bar than RG. RG has signal but data doesn't move, thats the reason I switched, PM has less bar but signal and data always here for me...

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @ljdemont,

You can try a power cycle the phone.

If that does not work, put the sim card in an unlocked phone and try it again, see if you have better signal.

In case that either of the options provided don't work, you can create a ticket or reach out to SIMon and a moderator will help you out.

Hope this was useful.

Cheers!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This could be due to local tower outage or perhaps something wrong with the phone. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I've read similar situation very recently, I'll try to find and paste the link here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/No-Bars-and-Texts-Not-Sending/m-p/44509... 

Need Help? Let's chat.