Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Signal booster/repeater?

That's correct.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Oh Goodness!!!

I thought I would have a look at this post list to see if we could solve our problem with wavering and flipping signals from 0-3 bars in any one second. However, I got lost with the 850m??, LTE, etc etc.

Maybe someone could simplify it for me? 

I have an iPhone 6 - battery is beginning to have issues (it's about 1.5 years old but phone is mostly plugged in when it is at home) - probably because the signal is always borderline - that is fixable - get a new battery

However, the signal strength is beginning to annoy me. This phone is our only phone and has to be used to buzz people into the unit. To date, we are having some Phone calls go directly to voice mail - who knows how many people have tried buzzing and we have got no notification.

So... it sounds like a booster might work - but...which one? and what do I look for?

Thank you

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I don't think it is advisable to have your phone as plugged in as it shortens the lifespan of the battery.  Have you tried checking where the nearest cell towers are located ?

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html. 

Another possible issue could be metal or if you have concrete in your building may cause interference.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ladybearbc if it's just the one device youre looking to improve the reception on, try this antenna sticker it's only $4 from amazon.ca

CHIFAN Cell Phone Signal Booster Sticker.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 I hope you're being sarcastic.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@sheytoon 

Well it is thanksgiving weekend so you can pretty much expect @gpixel4 to be talking a lot of turkey.

@ladybearbc 

Is it possible just to move your phone close to a window preferably one that has a clear view not otherwise obstructed by other buildings ( especially concrete) or if not then have it not obstructed by large appliances, electronics or the inner construction of your building and/or elevators. Also periodically put your phone in airplane mode for a minute to establish a new connection to the network.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sheytoon wrote:

@gpixel4 I hope you're being sarcastic.

I believe that its very obvious that @gpixel4 is joking. A sticker cannot possibly improve reception. These things don't even make electrical contact with anything.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you. The phone sits plugged in - about 4 ft from a window. We are on the 3rd floor - and single family dwellings are beside and behind us - that is about as clear as we can get. I am not sure where the towers are - probably near the QE which is about 8 km from us

Need Help? Let's chat.