cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigh 7723 on Samsung devices

dezn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

buuub.PNGSo this is happening everytime i restart and I have phone app sms turned off. Google apps turned off. No visual voicemail on samsung devices on samsung devices. Now i can't send any outgoing messages anymore. I wish i could block this but i can't, any fixes ? I tried everything on here by searching in the community for 7723. I spoke to the mods but they can't do much but refund me my minutes. Need help!

Edit: This is only on samsung devices, if you do not own one please don't reply or post what others have said from searching 7723 in the community search bar as I've already done that and tested out all the possible solutions on there. Samsung devices are different!

26 REPLIES 26

@dezn wrote:

I thought OEM unlock is available for the snapdragon s9. You can put lineage on snapdragon s9 but they are unofficial (still being worked on so a little buggy) but there is a 15.1 and 16 lineage

@RobertQc SM-G960W Variant is not rootable, I wouldn't really root a samsung device anyways I always leave that to pure android devices like xaomi, pixel and one plus.

@deznW variant, sigh..... Knox wins that battle. I was so optomistic in thinking you would have got the snapdragon U (I know, you are in Canada, sigh....)

dezn

I thought OEM unlock is available for the snapdragon s9. You can put lineage on snapdragon s9 but they are unofficial (still being worked on so a little buggy) but there is a 15.1 and 16 lineage

@RobertQc SM-G960W Variant is not rootable, I wouldn't really root a samsung device anyways I always leave that to pure android devices like xaomi, pixel and one plus.

@dezn wrote:

@deznWhile you are there, fastboot twrp and flash another rom 😉

@RobertQcCanadian Samsung devices cannot be jailbroken or else i would of went with lineage and been happy, use to own google phones. All I can do is use adb shell to either disable or uninstall apps that get in my way. Did use it for removing bloatware though Smiley Indifferent anyways this is a samsung problem now.

@deznYou sir, are speaking my laungage. LineageOS is win.

dezn

Do you have Exynos or snapdragon?

@RobertQc Snapdragon 845.

dezn

@RobertQcCanadian Samsung devices cannot be jailbroken or else i would of went with lineage and been happy, use to own google phones. All I can do is use adb shell to either disable or uninstall apps that get in my way. Did use it for removing bloatware though Smiley Indifferent anyways this is a samsung problem now.

@dezn wrote:

@deznSamsung is pretty hardcore on not letting users disable / uninstall things. "Replacing" your factory default loaded dialer / messenger is different than installing another one and changing the "default" used app, it won't stop the stock dialer from doing its business during a startup if the app is still enabled / installed on the system. Something to look out for.

@RobertQcI'll be using adb shell to disable it once i start using the third party app. So if anything it's gonna be a trial and error for me.

Do you have Exynos or snapdragon?

dezn

@deznSamsung is pretty hardcore on not letting users disable / uninstall things. "Replacing" your factory default loaded dialer / messenger is different than installing another one and changing the "default" used app, it won't stop the stock dialer from doing its business during a startup if the app is still enabled / installed on the system. Something to look out for.

@RobertQcI'll be using adb shell to disable it once i start using the third party app. So if anything it's gonna be a trial and error for me.

dezn

accident.

@dezn wrote:

@RobertQcI read you. You did nothing wrong. Guess I'm waiting. If it is the phone app i'll be replacing it with another third party phone app and messaging app.

dezn

@RobertQcI read you. You did nothing wrong. Guess I'm waiting. If it is the phone app i'll be replacing it with another third party phone app and messaging app.

@dezn wrote:

All these messages right now saying that " search 7723" that was the first thing i did... honestly why would I post here before searching it in the top community and google, honestly anyways, nothing worked which is why i posted on here that was the first thing i did check if i have the visual voicemail in my Voicemail, Visual Voicemail is not included on samsung devices for the phone app there is no dialer app, there is voicemail settings and nothing to do with visual voicemail to be turned off. I have asked Samsung to look into this and they are currently investigating this issue as it's different for samsung devices so everyone chill out. @RobertQc " tried everything on here by searching in the community for 7723. " read the first post and to those who didn't.

@deznI was not talking to you, I was talking to @slash407 who said your 7723 could be a promotion. You did everything right dezn.

@dezn wrote:

All these messages right now saying that " search 7723" that was the first thing i did... honestly why would I post here before searching it in the top community and google, honestly anyways, nothing worked which is why i posted on here that was the first thing i did check if i have the visual voicemail in my Voicemail, Visual Voicemail is not included on samsung devices for the phone app there is no dialer app, there is voicemail settings and nothing to do with visual voicemail to be turned off. I have asked Samsung to look into this and they are currently investigating this issue as it's different for samsung devices so everyone chill out.

The search comments were not directed at you, but to correct someone else's statement that would have lead you down the wrong path in trying to corect the issue.

dezn

All these messages right now saying that " search 7723" that was the first thing i did... honestly why would I post here before searching it in the top community and google, honestly anyways, nothing worked which is why i posted on here that was the first thing i did check if i have the visual voicemail in my Voicemail, Visual Voicemail is not included on samsung devices for the phone app there is no dialer app, there is voicemail settings and nothing to do with visual voicemail to be turned off. I have asked Samsung to look into this and they are currently investigating this issue as it's different for samsung devices so everyone chill out. @RobertQc " tried everything on here by searching in the community for 7723. " read the first post and to those who didn't.

@slash407 wrote:

did u sign up for any contests? those numbers are usually associated with stuff like that. It could be a app too where u need to weed it out and uninstall it. You can also try a different number if it is a contest or try unsubscribing.

Worth mentioning, it could be a auto message u enabled and forgot about?

I realize that you are just saying what's on your mind, but in addition to maybe looking up 7723 in the Community, it would also would have been helpful to search for 7723 on some web search engine.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@slash407, or just read the post above yours! Robot wink

@slash407 wrote:

did u sign up for any contests? those numbers are usually associated with stuff like that. It could be a app too where u need to weed it out and uninstall it. You can also try a different number if it is a contest or try unsubscribing.

Worth mentioning, it could be a auto message u enabled and forgot about?

@slash4077723 is not a contest.

Type in 7723 in the search bar.  You should really spend at least 10 seconds researching the problem yourself before guessing. 7723 is very common.

7723.png

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dezn, this is a known "feature", unfortunately. As mentioned above, it is related to visual voicemail. The phone dialer app sends the text to confirm visual voicemail everytime you restart the phone. 

I had the same issue on my Pixel a couple of years ago. I only noticed because I was on a plan that didn't include international texts, so would get several bounced back messages from PM everytime I restarted my phone.

You don't need to revoke any permissions to resolve it, just go to settings in the phone dialer app and disable visual voicemail (Settings / Voicemail / Visual Voicemail), hopefully that works on your Samsung.

For reference, here is the old thread where this was discussed:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Pixel-on-Oreo-tries-to-send-Int-l-SMS...

@dezn wrote:

@computergeek541What kind of apps you mean by updating the system apps? If this doesn't work i'll be going to samsung with this issue. I'm only getting my text messages back to test it out and see why my restarts are sending out outoing texts and 'usage type' minutes. You might be right though , i shouldn't update any system apps and just try again and slowly update one by one.

It's not impossible that an updated app is doing this.  But my searches indicate that 7723 is something that your phone dialer app is doing.  As Jessica was saying revoke SMS permission by your phone app.

dezn

@computergeek541What kind of apps you mean by updating the system apps? If this doesn't work i'll be going to samsung with this issue. I'm only getting my text messages back to test it out and see why my restarts are sending out outoing texts and 'usage type' minutes. You might be right though , i shouldn't update any system apps and just try again and slowly update one by one.

dezn

@Jessica_T My phone came unlocked no carrier brand new. Using Android Pie, latest updates, no visual voicemail on this phone even in system apps, no dialer in system apps, the only 3 things that have access to my sms permissions is the samsung experience, configuration message and message app. I've done another factory reset updated and disabled phone app sms permissions and now the change system settings on phone to off. Let's hope this works, If not i'll be sending a message to samsung instead.

Assuming that these messages really are being sent (which they probably are), consider yourself fortunute that you're receiving refunds or having text message counts reset because this isn't an issue with the Public Mobile service.

Your phone's software is doing this.  After a factory reset, it might still do this because of the way that the system apps are programmed.  I'm suspecting that you may not be able to prevent these messagses without installing a custom ROM.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

As @Jessica_T said, you should do a factory reset. Back up your data first. When you reinstall your apps don't do it all at once as one of them may be what is causing the problem, and uninstalling it may not fix it if it contains malware.

I would suggest reseting it and restart it then check your account and make sure it didn't send any texts, then start reinstalling apps a few at a time and restarting and checking your account in between to see if it starts sending texts again. If it does start, then uninstall the most recent bunch of apps one at a time, restarting between each, and see if it stops.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@deznAre you sure you don't have visual voicemail? Unless the samsung phone came unlocked right from samsung, it probably has visual voicemail. It may not be in the standard andriod /samsung settings but may be in your AT&T, t-mobile, verizon, or initial carrier that owned that phone app settings. Where did you get the phone? You might have to go to apps, then click show system apps find the application and either disable it or remove its permissions, go into that app and disable visual voicemail.

You may find that the carrier app, or even dialer has the permission "change system settings" so it may be overwriting temporarily or ignoring the option to disable sms during bootup.

Jessica_T

You can also try a 3rd party permissions manager from the play store. Is your phone rooted, or do you feel comfortable with rooting it?

Jessica_T

@deznThere might be an issue with your permissions manager. If the dialer is still sending out sms but doesn't have permission you should try doing a factory reset. Everyone else is having success once they remove sms privileges from the dialer.

Jessica_T

@dezn wrote:

buuub.PNGSo this is happening everytime i restart and I have phone app sms turned off. Google apps turned off. No visual voicemail on samsung devices on samsung devices. Now i can't send any outgoing messages anymore. I wish i could block this but i can't, any fixes ? I tried everything on here by searching in the community for 7723. I spoke to the mods but they can't do much but refund me my minutes. Need help!

Wondering why you ever need to restart your phone? If it only happens when resetting, don't reset it?

Need Help? Let's chat.