cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Google Recovery Phone

sobittersweet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am trying to set-up my phone number for Google Accounts and when I try to add a phone #, Google tells me it is not valid. Previously I had a phone # with area code 778 that worked. I switched over to Public recently with a new # and my area code is now 672. Is there any solution? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

@sobittersweet wrote:

Hi, I am trying to set-up my phone number for Google Accounts and when I try to add a phone #, Google tells me it is not valid. Previously I had a phone # with area code 778 that worked. I switched over to Public recently with a new # and my area code is now 672. Is there any solution? Thanks.

One option that was already mentioned was to change your number. The only other thing you can do would be to contact Google about this. Google's databases don't have current enough of information. This is on Google, and isn't something that Public Mobile can assist with.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

236 is another nwe area code

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sobittersweet 

Somehow the new 672 area code has not been updated at all telephone switching system.

Change to a 778 number using "Change Number" link on your overview page after login.

If PM server does not let you get a new number because 1 new number per 30 days rule, Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sobittersweet wrote:

That's a fairly new area code...maybe not recognized for that reason.

Need Help? Let's chat.