cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service issues

Johnny911
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am currently having issues with my public mobile service and I am unable to use self serve due to not having an account created yet. I attempted making an account and it said it was going to text me a 6 digit pin but I have no service currently and am unable to receive text. Is there anyway I can create an account without having service?

7 REPLIES 7

@Johnny911 wrote:

It is a service issue with the SIM card. Other SIM cards work in the phone but that SIM card has no service with any phone. It was just activated yesterday 

Unfortunately without an account set up the the sim removal/replace, phone reset and network reset is about all you can do until you get in contact with the MODs. If you really want you can try backing up your phone, then do a factory reset  to new and see if it works. Then do a restore from your backup.

@Johnny911

You are right.  Looks like service issue.  Need to contact moderator.  Expect 2-3 day wait though....

send a private message to moderator through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Include your phone number, account number and PIN.

Johnny911

It is a service issue with the SIM card. Other SIM cards work in the phone but that SIM card has no service with any phone. It was just activated yesterday 

@Johnny911

If you had full service last night, it is unusual to have no service next day.  Did you port over number from another mobile or activate new number?  Does your phone show Public Mobile on the screen (top)?

Do you have another phone lying around?  Maybe try putting your PM SIM card into that phone.  Just to help determine whether it is a Service problem versus hardware issue....

Johnny911

I’ve attempted to remove the SIM card and reboot the phone and still no service. The phone is unlocked, I just got it setup with public mobile yesterday at Walmart and it had service last night.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

did you port a number? does your old sim work?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Johnny911 Unfortunately, there is no other way to create a self-serve account other than contacting mods. But they are really busy with lots of inquiries. So lets troubleshoot your issue with no service. Do you have compatible phone that is unlocked or locked to Telus/Koodo? Have you removed your sim and tried rebooting your phone? 

Need Help? Let's chat.