cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent Text messages not arriving

DavidFB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For some reason, an important contact stopped getting my text messages on Saturday. No updates or settings changes I'm aware of. Ditto with the sendee. Other sendees are receiving my texts. I am receiving their texts so that seems to indicate I'm not blocked somehow. They're just not receiving mine.

Curiously, the phone crashed 3 times last night for no apparent reason. It's never done that before. Have no idea if thats related. Its an LG G4 running Android 6. (LG has offered no updates)

Suggestions?  Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20

@DavidFB wrote:

Just confirmed. They had 45 messages in spam. Now we just have to un-spam my number for them.  🙂

Thanks again everyone.

@DavidFB ok nice to know.  Cheers!

DavidFB

Just confirmed. They had 45 messages in spam. Now we just have to un-spam my number for them.  🙂

Thanks again everyone.

DavidFB

Yes, I can call them (it went to VM) but the spam control is in the Messaging app.

@DavidFB wrote:

To be clear, if they accidentally blocked me in their app, they wouldn't be able to Send either, correct?

Hi @DavidFB if they blocked you, they can still send you sms/mms but you can cannot send them sms/mms.  and vice versa.   Someone had reported this same thing just a few weeks ago but I just can't find it now.  They accidentally blocked the person or the receiver had blocked them accidentally.

as already suggested above..... my computer is very slow LOL

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@DavidFB wrote:

I suspect they may have blocked me accidentally. Thats the only thing that would explain it.

Thanks for all the feedback!

But you can still call them?

DavidFB

I suspect they may have blocked me accidentally. Thats the only thing that would explain it.

Thanks for all the feedback!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@DavidFB wrote:

To be clear, if they accidentally blocked me in their app, they wouldn't be able to Send either, correct?

If they blocked you, they can still call/text you. Blocking only works in one direction.

@DavidFB wrote:

@DavidFB I don't think so. As I understand it, blocking is against incoming calls/messages.

DavidFB

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@DavidFB wrote:

That's what I first thought also. They get text responses from others fine. It does show as Sent at my end.

They're not a sophisticated user but I don't think they have any blocking and as mentioned, this worked fine for years.

Can the person put their sim card in another unlocked phone and then you can text to see if they get it. If they do then there is a problem with something on their original phone.

DavidFB

That's what I first thought also. They get text responses from others fine. It does show as Sent at my end.

They're not a sophisticated user but I don't think they have any blocking and as mentioned, this worked fine for years.

DavidFB

I don't use WiFi to send texts. It may be off or on. But I was near my WiFi.

My app doesn't have an Advanced menu in those steps. I checked a couple of sub-menus and didn't see anything similar. (Android 6) Don't think it has that feature.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@DavidFB wrote:

Yes, I can call them fine.

If it is only one person who cannot receive your text, I would say it is a problem on their end. Is the other person having issues with other people too?

DavidFB

Yes, I can call them fine.

Hi @DavidFB ,

Does this happen in and out of wifi areas?

If this only happens when out of wifi areas, ensure the chat features is turn off on both yours and the sender's end of things:

Turn Off Chat Features
  1. From a Home screen, tap Messages .
  2. Tap the Menu icon .
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Advanced.
  5. Tap Chat features.
  6. Tap Enable chat features to turn off .

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@DavidFB wrote:

So far, an issue with just the one. Their phone number has a 1 in front. They worked fine until Saturday.

Can you call the person?

DavidFB

I'm using the default app for texting. It's been working fine otherwise until Saturday.

The receiver also has Android. Thanks.

DavidFB

So far, an issue with just the one. Their phone number has a 1 in front. They worked fine until Saturday.

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DavidFB  What app do you use for messages? Have you enabled RCS or chat features on your device. What type of device does the other party use Android or iPhone?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@DavidFB 

So only one contact is not receiving your text? Can you make a call to that person? Did you try putting a 1 in front of the number?

Need Help? Let's chat.