cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send international texts. Unable to send pictures also.

Rocket1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unable to send international texts. I am a new user. The plan that I bought included i ternational texting and picture messaging

5 REPLIES 5

Shipwreck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Rocket1 wrote:

Unable to send international texts. I am a new user. The plan that I bought included i ternational texting and picture messaging

First thing to do as a new user is to check that your phone has properly set up your new network. You will need to go into your phone settings to do this. Once you are in your phone's settings area, look for a section that says Networks, or Connections. Go into that section and check for "Mobile Networks" or something similar to this. Then go into that section and look for "Network Operators". Make sure that says "Public Mobile". If it doesn't tap it and you will go into a section where it should give you the option to select automatically or manually. Tap where it says to select manually. It will scan for networks and bring up a screen with all available networks. Select "Public Mobile" and it will set you up. Sometimes you need to reboot your phone after doing this.
If this doesn't help, check your Messaging settings. Go into the main Message/Texting section. Tap the three dots to pull down the menu, and then tap settings. In there you should see "Text Messages" and "Multimedia Messages". Tap text messages and check that the "Message Centre" number is correct. For Public Mobile the Message Centre number is 16475800172. Now go back to the main Text Message settings window and tap on Multimedia Messages. In there you will see an option titled "Restrictions". Make sure it says "Free" under this. If it does not say "Free" tap it and select free from the options.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Rocket1 ,

Make sure the receiver is able to receive international texts as per their provider/plan. If they can, then try including the exit code (011) in front of the number.

1. Enter the exit code for Canada (aka the international access code).
  2. Enter the country code + area code + mobile phone number of the person you are texting.

If you are trying to send a pic/mms it could be the size is too big, try reducing it.

@Rocket1 Do MMS messages work to domestic phone numbers? If they do, that means that there is no issue with the device's APN settings.

By your previous message, SMS messages also don't work. That also wouldn't be an APN issue as SMS does not need a data connection.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Rocket1 wrote:

Ensure your cellular data is on and check your apn settings.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you turn on data even though it does it count towards your data usage.

Need Help? Let's chat.