cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung SM-J610F Phone Compatibility

Dasmesh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Wanted to check whether if my phone, Samsung SM-J610F, is compatible with the public mobile network, I don't know how to check, my phone is not listed in Public mobiles check the compatibility of public mobile network. 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dasmesh 

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Good Luck

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnowThank you for clarifying the source of the incorrect information. I apologize for misunderstanding that the screenshot was pertaining to a different phone model.

@shimdog wrote:

If it's not listed then it's not officially supported. In my past experience, the only way to know for sure is to try it but i understand that may not be practical.

Pretty much no phones are officially support by Public Mobile.  With the exception of the current CPO offerings, Public Mobile isn't in the business of selling devices. This means that no testing is being done to ensure compatibility.  Also, device compatibility lists will always be incomplete.

shimdog
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If it's not listed then it's not officially supported. In my past experience, the only way to know for sure is to try it but i understand that may not be practical.

@0PX9O4 

what you meant by it is not on the list?  yes, it is not on the PM Compatible list .. but I am not just post a screenshot of any different phone at random.  

this is my source,  

hTideGnow_1-1633580200304.png

(I have to use the screenshot for the address as PM has been putting my post to unmoderated item)

the datasheet on the page did confirm the model number

Many members here use Kimovil as a reference and I am certain they recognize the screenshot is from there.  I am not saying Kimoli cannot be wrong, in fact we found its mistakes in couple occasions.  But please do not say I post "screenshot of any different phone's information picked at random".  I am definitely offended

All speculative information is potentially misinformation. Please be careful about this in the future.

What make you think I am not careful?  I have spent quiet some time to do my research for OP. 

Also, my stance is, if I have doubt, I don't suggest user to buy it as I worry about them go out and took the wrong advice and wasted money.   This was exactly what I was saying in my original post and my follow up post.  So, I have been careful and take my words very seriously 

0PX9O4

@hTideGnowIf OP's phone model is not in the list then why would you just post a screenshot of any different phone's information picked at random? All speculative information is potentially misinformation. Please be careful about this in the future.

I've cited my sources of information. If you have any conflicting information to share, please cite yours.

0PX9O4

Please note that it doesn't support LTE bands 4, 12, 13, 17, nor 29 (but does support band 7) so 4G-LTE support will be limited for this phone on the Public Mobile network.

@0PX9O4  the PM Compatibility list does not include every phone, so, a phone cannot be found there would not mean much.

I also found mixed information about the Band 2 on 3G.    But I would be more cautious.   If OP need to buy it now and test it, I would more into not recommending that, just in case, better safe than sorry.  If OP already has the phone, then why not, just test it out.  

Also, if OP needs to buy it and we have mixed info (or lack or solid info), I would go out and buy one that we are sure it works here well.  

0PX9O4

It doesn't look like the J6+ was ever sold in the US, so I'm not sure what to make of that American vs Global version in the screenshot. Also, the J6+ is not listed on the PM compatibility checker, so it's possible the information in the screenshot pertains to a different model altogether.

Looking at multiple sites (links below), it looks like the Galaxy J6+ SM-J610F does support both 850 as well as 1900 bands so you should be okay to use it on Public Mobile anywhere in Canada.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j6+-9334.php

https://deviceatlas.com/device-data/devices/samsung/sm-j610f-ds/41449491

https://www.mobosdata.com/phone/samsung-galaxy-j6-sm-j610f/

https://www.imei24.com/description/Samsung/Galaxy_J6+/

@hTideGnow wrote:

If it is Global version, it might be issue with voice.  It only has B5 and lack B2 on 3G.  With one less 3G band, you might experience drop calls issue   4G bands on this Global version is ok.  It does have B2, B5 and B7

I'll go a step further than that.  

@Dasmesh 

Do not purchase any phone that doesn't have both band 2 and band 5 for 3g.  Especially when lacking band 2 for the HSPA+ network, you may even encounter many places where you can't make or receive phone calls at all.  There are some regiions within Canada that are either predominantly or excluslively on band 2 for the HSPA network.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Dasmesh   is your Samsung J6+ a Global version or American version?

American version should work well.

If it is Global version, it might be issue with voice.  It only has B5 and lack B2 on 3G.  With one less 3G band, you might experience drop calls issue   4G bands on this Global version is ok.  It does have B2, B5 and B7

hTideGnow_0-1633576648914.png

Need Help? Let's chat.