cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 - Unable to receive calls

galadriel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just recently got a samsung S9. 

every other day.  No one would be able to call me and it will go straight to VM. 

I called samsung, and confirmed i do not have any DND mode turned on or anything similar.

They told me to check with my provider.

Scenario: 

I can only recieve calls when i initilize a call.  basiclly, my friend will notifiy me.  i cant get a hold of you.  He will call me, goes straight to VM.  I call him back with my phone, it is fine. He will call back, and i can accept his call.

This will re-occur the next day .  Has anyone experianced this?

6 REPLIES 6

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you tried setting the phone to 3G and then back to LTE/Automatic? That may trigger something.

galadriel

I went through most of the options and looked online.

4g/lte/3g is set to automatic already.  

i might try a factory reset.  the phone is less than a month old.  

galadriel

Sorry, busy weekend.

I had the phone for about a month

Rebooting it also temperoy fixes it.

i will try the above and let everyone know

Theprincipal

Hey man! Something similar happened to me when I first swapped to public mobile.

Basically what's going on, is that public mobile uses 4G for texts/data, but 3G for phone calls. Your phone could have a setting that forces it to always use the 4G connection unless you dial out. This ends up blocking incoming calls that try to get onto your phone since it has no 3G connection, and it sends thems traight to voice mail.

The fix is you have to chance you phone's network setting to be automatic instead of prioritize 3G. This is not a setting that is done on the normal phone access menu. It's done on Samsung's maintenance menu which you access by dialing a combination on your phone.

Read this for a start:

https://mashable.com/2014/10/27/samsung-galaxy-hidden-menu/#gpcrgAvdQPqa

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@galadriel how long did you have the S9 with PM, did try to reboot the phone ?

@mimmo can't be the phone Cat Happy is Samsung S9 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@galadriel the @Best way to isolate issue is to pop sim in a different phone.  If the issue keeps happening then it is a account issue. If all is fine then you have a hardware issue with your s9

Need Help? Let's chat.