cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 Edge doesn't show LTE

Pirahna97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (SM-G925F) which I cant get it to connect to LTE. The most it shows is a 4G connection which isn't bad. Just wondering why my phone doesnt show its using LTE?

The picture shows that it connects to LTE bands. 

s6edge.PNG

8 REPLIES 8

If you don't want to wipe stuff from phone try this goto dialer then try *#2263* then click on lte wcdma tds GSM auto then click on automatic let see if u can get lte after that without deleting your phone stuff
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

JulesTop

Hi @Pirahna97,

Did this phone come from WIND or another non Telus carrier?

You may need to put new CSC firmware on it. This will re-install the firmware on the phone, but enabling the appropriate bands and features for Telus. WIND phones has LTE bands disabled before they just got LTE on their network.

The reason I say this is because I have the same phone and it identifies as LTE or LTE+ (Advanced LTE), and only switches to 4G when I'm in a call.

My speed tests on PM are usually 50-80Mbps both ways.

1. Open your phone’s dialer and type the following code with your device IMEI number: *#272*Phone’s IMEI Here
  2. You can find your phones IMEI number in settings under 'about'.
  3. You will see a pop-up screen with a list of CSC codes. 
  4. Select the CSC that you want and tap on “Install”. (This should be TLS for Telus or KDO for Koodo... both work for PM)
  5. Your phone will be reboot automatically.
  6. Congrats! Your Samsung Galaxy phone’s CSC has been changed successfully.

Be careful, backup your phone before performing this as it will completely wipe your phone.

fireapple
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@Pirahna97 yay! That looks like it's just how the signal indicator displays LTE then, especially since you are getting typical PM LTE speeds and your APN settings are good. It's the same case on my phone where LTE is displayed as 4G.

Pirahna97

@Chaos_Scorpio @canucks4life

I checked the speed test 3 times and my scores where,

1. Ping: 50ms Download: 26.21Mbps Upload: 5.43Mbps

2. Ping: 54ms Download: 21.48Mbps Upload: 2.17Mbps

3. Ping: 47ms Download: 22.64Mbps Upload: 1.56Mbps

My phone was also LTE when checking sim card statues and signal.

Thanks!

Pirahna97

Hi @fireapple,

My signal inidcator shows 2 bars of 4G signal. 

My APN looks like your 2nd suggestions in post 4.

Everything works perfectly incoming and outgoing.

I havent tried a new LTE sim in my phone or havent put my sim in another phone I will try that as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks!

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

a lot of phones use 4G and LTE interchangeable ... what you should do is run a speed test, if equivilant to other LTE speeds don't worry and it is just your phone label. 

http://www.speedtest.net/ 

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I have a Galaxy S6 SM-G920I and my indicator shows 4G as well however going into Settings, About device, Status, SIM card status confirms Mobile network type connected LTE so it may just be semantics.

What kind of Speed test results are you getting?

fireapple
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Pirahna97 I did some googling myself and it seems like you do have the right LTE bands as well. Just a few questions for you:

What does your signal indicator say now?

What do your APN look like? Are they like in here or post 4 in here?

Can you receive calls and texts? 

Have you tried using another SIM card in the phone? Or tried using your PM SIM in another phone?

Hopefully those are good starting points to solve what's been going on!

Need Help? Let's chat.