cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note5 sim card error

russianshaco
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my phone won't accept new sim cards, it asks me for PUK every time and I have tried 2 different active sims from different providers. The PUK's I got from the pmobile mods here don't work. My public mobile sim works on other phones without asking for a PUK. Basically there is something glitched with the phone, and I have no idea how to fix it. Factory reset didn't work. What else can I try? The phone is Samsung Galaxy Note5 with latest version of android.

edit:contacted samsung directly and they gave me both puk and network code, thanks guys

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@russianshaco wrote:

Hi, my phone won't accept new sim cards, it asks me for PUK every time and I have tried 2 different active sims from different providers. The PUK's I got from the pmobile mods here don't work. My public mobile sim works on other phones without asking for a PUK.

@russianshaco  That means the issue is not the SIM card.

Basically there is something glitched with the phone, and I have no idea how to fix it. Factory reset didn't work. What else can I try?

You need to get a network unlock code for your device and unlock it before you can use it with other providers. Have your IMEI available Call your previous provider, Samsung or find an online unlocking service.

The phone is Samsung Galaxy Note5 with latest version of android.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@russianshaco 

Sounds like your phone is locked? Is the note 5 older than 2017 and purchased in Canada? 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Your phone is locked to your previous provider.  @russianshaco  contact either your previous provider or Samsung online and ask them to unlock the phone for you. You will be asked for your imei number dial *#06# to get it from your phone. Stay safe. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Your phone is looked to the first provider used. You need to get the unlock code from them.

Edit: Since it's a Samsung phone, you can also contact Samsung directly.

Need Help? Let's chat.