cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 9 dual SIM card

Ris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got Samsung Note 9 from Indonesia and plan to move my provider to Public Mobile. Will the Samsung work with public mobile and how to keep my old phone number when I am transfering to Public mobile?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ris wrote:

I just got Samsung Note 9 from Indonesia and plan to move my provider to Public Mobile. Will the Samsung work with public mobile and how to keep my old phone number when I am transfering to Public mobile?

Thanks

@Ris one point of clarification: you're looking to keep you Canadian phone number, right?  Just double-checking.  Since you didn't say one way or the other and your phone came from Indonesia, I wanted to be sure you weren't trying to transfer a number from there too.  This may sound like an odd thing to bring up, but I have seen the odd posting here in the community of people that have just moved from overseas and are asking if they can transfer their number to Public Mobile.  The answer is that you can only transfer a Canadian phone number to any of the Canadian mobile providers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ris wrote:

Thanks

@Ris  Public uses the following bands:

3G: B2 and B5

LTE: B4, B7, B12 and B13

If your phone is compatible then you can port you number from your current provider during your PM sim activation or after you activate your PM sim card.port.PNG

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Ris , according to https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/samsung-galaxy-note9 it is.

@Ris wrote:

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.