cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 7 is Officially Dead!

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Well this is one of those huge blunders, is this the chance other phone makers have been waiting to exploit?

Note 7 officially recalled (again) and officially dead as Samsung will not be reissuing any more

As a nearly hilarious side story from the so-crazy-it's-funny, Samsung is issueing instructions on how to return their devices in FLAMEPROOF BOXES so as not to bomb the US postal service.

Just wow.... anyone worried about their Galaxy S7 now?

Flameproof

22 REPLIES 22

"While returning from their honeymoon in the Turks and Caicos Islands, the couple says they were forced to destroy and discard their Note 7 phones because they had been banned from air transportation. They allege that in the process of destroying the devices, one caught fire."

That's hillarious! Did they think they had to literally destroy their phones? What good would that do anyway? ...and talk about unsafe!

And let the lawsuits begin! Seriously I think this is bs ... US & Canadian law says don't take on plane. Dumb couple brings on plane. Now they are sueing Samsung because they had to throw away their phones and they claim to have lost all their pictures etc (um cloud backup anyone? Hello???)

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/class-action-lawsuit-filed-in-canada-against-samsung-over-galaxy-note-7-ph...

SamsungBomb

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

hassantq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ah It's too bad.

More business goes to Apple looks like.

I just hate being tied to craptastic itunes though.

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c ohoh unbelievable. good to know. That's a big thumb up for this information

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/16/13298846/galaxy-note-7-federal-crime-federal-aviation-administrat...

http://bgr.com/2016/10/17/note-7-fires-airline-ban-global/

Bringing the Note7 on a US airline will cost you 

Passengers who bring a Note 7 onto a plane are "subject to civil penalties of up to $179,933 for each violation for each day they are found to be in violation (49 U.S.C. 5123)," and could be prosecuted, which could "result in fines under title 18, imprisonment of up to ten years, or both (49 U.S.C. 5124)."

Ionut
I heard even the replacement note 7 ( green battery) explode. I've seen they already start working on note 8. They say that the new iris scan is much accurate, CPU is much stronger, reduced the size and funny thing battery (4500 mAh)

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That most likely wouldn't solve the problem, considering the phones that have caught fire had different batteries in them. Switching batteries didn't help, something is inherently wrong with the design of of this phone.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Maybe Samsung will stick with user replaceable batteries from now on...

@Ionut hey we could spin this as a reason why removable batteries are superior. Samsung is screwed at this point.

I really hate Apple but one thing they have always done is consistant user experiance. 

Ionut

@kav2001c agree. But i think they done this with the return policy proving to customers that they are a serious business and care about their customers. If iphone had this problem sure will find a way to blame customers. Incorrect charged, modified adapters etc:))

@shrimpdude loving the tiny truck comment Cat LOL

@Ionut this is going to set Samsung back, as Note8 is far from release ready... or they just throw in the towell and let competitors rejoice

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It's about time  🙂

Ionut
@TroyDaBes don't worrie. They will bring the new version. It's still sad that for the first time in samsung history they start making profit. Before note 7 they always lose money but as soon as Samsung is one of the biggest technology innovator and the biggest boat builder they can afford that.:)

TroyDaBes

It's just too bad. The phone was really good.  

@shrimpdude I suppose it's cheaper to use a little truck just in case the phone blows up!

shrimpdude

That's a tiny little truck.

Ionut

I heard that is a time limit while you can return the phone. Also i don't know if is true but they say that Samsung either give you an upgrade version of S7 /edge either you tell them what phone to buy and they will buy it for you. They say any phone including iphone of course in the range price 😛 

Good post . I like the image. it's amazing.

Can you imagine that?!  Showing up at an airport and they tell you that you have to leave your phone behind. Some frustrated travellers I'm sure!

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did anyone on here actually buy one?  $1000 phones are not my forte

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Oh and just as a WARNING do NOT try to bring your Note 7 on an airplane.

The US has banned them already and Canada is probably soon

Need Help? Let's chat.