cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy SA01

crossdr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy SA01 but the phone doesn't work when I put my SIM card in that I used with my Samsung J3. Why and how do I get this to work?

Dennis

29 REPLIES 29

@crossdr wrote:

Thanks I will check but my old phone works perfect from this same location with the same SIM. The phone is 4G is it possible I need a different SIM from PM?

As you SIM card works in your old phone, this isn't a Public Mobile service issue (or SIM card issue).  This is an issue with your new device's hardware or software.  I would also suggest visiting devicecheck.ca to see if the IMEI of your phone is clear/clean.

@crossdr wrote:

Network is LTE 3G auto connect

Network Operator is Public Mobile

When I scan manually I see Telus, Bell, Rogers, But that is all that shows up

The Telus network is the Public Mobile network.  Usually what happens is that the device's software is programmed to rename the network to Public Mobile if a Public Mobile SIM card is inserted, but I have seen some phones that don't do that.  I would not be concerend with this aspect.

I would try the Network Mode setting of "WCDMA only".  After doing this, try the manual network scan.  If the Telus/Public Mobile (or Bell) network shows up, that means that your phone is compatible with the network that is needed for phone calls.

@crossdr 

If I missed that someone mentioned this already, sorry...

Before the Factory Reset, try a reset of your NETWORK SETTINGS:

Reset Network Settings SAMSUNG Galaxy A01
  1. At first select Settings.
  2. Then you should choose General management.
  3. Now tap Reset and Reset Network Settings.
  4. Finally select Reset Settings and Reset.

@crossdr wrote:

Except that I pay less with Consumers Cellular and get full support. Canada is a sad gouging  situation and we suffer culture shock every year when we come back.

Welcome back to Canada!!! CRTC still call this "competition".. lol.

Yes, when it come to Mobile service, I wish I am an American!!!

Are you here long?  Isn't that US has some cheap plan with Roaming in Canada?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crossdr : We all hear ya...but here we are...what can we do.

But this place has rewards on offer. Loyalty, autopay, refer a friend, community. The first one takes time obviously. The second is of course dead easy. The third you gotta be a salesperson.  The last one y'gotta do some work around here...every month.

crossdr

Except that I pay less with Consumers Cellular and get full support. Canada is a sad gouging  situation and we suffer culture shock every year when we come back.

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@crossdr wrote:

Not sure how a factory reset will help since the phone works with my U.S. SIM Card and the Canadian SIM works in my old phone. Too bad Public Mobile doesn't have proper and call-in support. Very frustrating.

That's what you're NOT paying for with PM.  

crossdr

I'll give it a try. The SIM is a T-Mobile card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crossdr : The 4G is something I was trying to nail down with this phone as specs were a challenge to find. There is no other PM SIM. According to the FCC, the phone is functionally the same as an A015F and WCDMA was mentioned and Consumer Cellular takes phones from AT&T and T-Mobile which are roaming partners with this place.

But still inconclusive.

As for a factory reset...why not. Back up any stuff you wanna keep and give it go. One never knows with computers.

crossdr

Thanks I will check but my old phone works perfect from this same location with the same SIM. The phone is 4G is it possible I need a different SIM from PM?

crossdr

Not sure how a factory reset will help since the phone works with my U.S. SIM Card and the Canadian SIM works in my old phone. Too bad Public Mobile doesn't have proper and call-in support. Very frustrating.

I wonder if you are driving around.  Bring your phone and try to see if it see PM signal

Also check if there are Telus towers around you area (I would assume so as you see Telus on your network list):

ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

and yes.. as @Anonymous  suggested , try factory reset the phone.  Also,on wifi, make sure you phone get the latest system update

(FYI, there are another person confirmed before that A01 works on PM.  He has other texting issues but he has data and calls working)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crossdr : I'm fresh out of ideas. Unless others have better ideas I guess you might need the moderators to have a look. Have you done a full factory reset? It's new unused so wouldn't hurt.

crossdr

Alberta

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crossdr : Grasping straws...I don't suppose you're in MB?

crossdr

Yes, I have my Consumer's Cellular SIM and it works just fine

@crossdr  this  SIM is currently working on your J3?  If you put it back, it still work?

do you have SIM from any other provider ?  wonder if it you put another SIM onto this A01, what will you see

crossdr

On the restart it showed "Public Mobile" briefly in upper left hand corner, but after completely restarting was back to same situation no browsing, no text no phone

crossdr

Model SM-A015U1

No browsing, text or phone calls, It will connect to wireless and browse.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crossdr : Could you post the whole model number of this phone. Like SM-A01????????? or whatever it is. Although it saw Telus.

So do you have any calls in/out? Texts in/out? Browsing internet?

Edit: another thing...shut down phone, pull SIM, turn on phone, shut down phone, insert SIM, turn on phone. What happens? Any messages?

crossdr

I have now done that with the same result. When I click on the auto scan It tells me it is registered on the network, but I cant do anything

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crossdr : Frustrating. Maybe try a couple things:

1. log in to self-serve, click on Plans & Add-ons, click on Lost/stolen, click on Suspend, log out, wait a minute or three, log back in and back, click Resume, restart phone.

2. do a manual payment from a registered payment card of $1, restart phone.

crossdr

I did that but Public Mobile does NOT show up. 

crossdr

Network is LTE 3G auto connect

Network Operator is Public Mobile

When I scan manually I see Telus, Bell, Rogers, But that is all that shows up

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crossdr : Check that your networks are LTE/4G, UMTS/WCDMA/3G. Not just starting with GSM. Then also check that you're not set to manual network name. Either automatic or manually scan for and connect to Public Mobile. See what happens.

crossdr

Restarted phone. It will connect to wireless but not Public Mobile system. When I try to send a text or phone call I get an error "message not sent" or " unable to make call"

Reboot your phone once.. then confirm if outgoing call and text are working as well as if data works.  Would like to see if nothing work or something is working.

crossdr

Yes, sorry the Galaxy A01

I don't see an error, I just don't receive calls or texts. When I try to call the number from another phone the A01 doesn't ring and the call goes straight to Voicemail

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@crossdr  did you mean Galaxy A01?  I am checking with A01 and look like it is compatible on PM.  Depends on the version, some have more compatible bands than other.

what exact error are you seeing?

softech_0-1620315828543.png

Need Help? Let's chat.