cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 unlock work with Public mobile

Hongle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello , Can you let me know please , Samsung Galaxy S6 unlocked work with Public mobile ? thanks .

7 REPLIES 7

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@qbellxo, I am all for saving money and not paying someone to unlock a phone if I don't have to.  

How do you know your phone is locked?  Please explain.  I am making sure that false information is not left on these pages for less tech savvy people to get confused.  

By definition, if a non Telus/Koodo phone accepted a PM sim, it is unlocked.  I am talking about Network lock that cell phone carriers place on the handsets.  You may be mistaking the network lock with bootloader lock.. which is a different topic.  

qbellxo
No point on wasting your money if you don't have to but do what you think is right 😉 ahah

qbellxo
Well my phones are with neither companies and are LOCKED and work perfectly fine. Thanks though

imm1304

@qbellxo, if the phones were locked to Telus or Koodo then they don't have to be unlocked for public Mobile.   But, any other network locked phones must be unlocked before you can use them on PM network.  

If you were able to use your S3 and S4 without unlocking,  it means either they are from Telus/Koodo or they were already unlocked when you got them.  Just thought I clarify this point so people don't get confused.   

qbellxo
I don't even think you need to unlock it ... I use my sim card in my galaxy S3 and S4 that are locked with two different carriers and it works fine. I've been with public mobile for a month now, I love this service and I've had no problems.

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

YES, @Hongleif it's unlocked! My phone was bought from China and it is working very well. 🙂

imm1304

Hi @Hongle!

YES!  Your S6 will work on Public Mobile.  Hope you enjoy it very much on the PM network. 

Need Help? Let's chat.