cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 to LG G4

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Anyone has or experienced the G4 with PM.

Unfortunatly I have to give away my beloved Galaxy S5 , to my father and I didnt want to spend much on a new ridiculous expensive phone with almost nothing more extra so I went with the G4 for now as it still has the extra SD Card and quick battery swap as well as some upgraded ROM storage, RAM, Display  as well as the processer. (You know just them geek stuff)  And my favorite is an LTE advanced capable phone as my GS5 was only Cat 4 150/50 Mbps , this one should be Cat6  300/50 Mbps . (Just theory, but it will be nice to see that Lte+ sign for once) 

Now I am just wondering if some members already been with LG before, and give me some advices on how are they usually, on updates, or support (Roms, XDA, rooting) .

I was willing to go for a favorite in the community : OnePlus either 3/3T, but I am just a poor student so I wanted something for less then 200 $ and there were none on Kijiji near my place. Them One PLus owners are really in love with their phones.

4 REPLIES 4

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Update *

Phone broke not even a week  in

The reason is the infamous Bootloop that is plagging LG G4 series (Almost all), some devices in the G5 series as well as  LG V10. Since I got a second hand LG refused to repair it or replace it. It Turns out the problem is a hardware defect that LG refused to acknowledge until recently (After a year and a half) So my advice , stay away from LG products

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-admits-g4-bootloop-problem-hardware-fault-669603/

http://www.trustedreviews.com/g00/opinion/lg-g4-bootloop-problem-how-to-diagnose-and-fix-2946272?i10...

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/06/27/lg-g4-boot-loop-issue-covered-extended-warranty-canada/

omartinez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently ported my LG G4 to PM (it used to be with Rogers). The speed in the PM network as been pretty good, no complains. In terms of Upgrades, I'm on Android Version 6.0. LG takes a while to send upgrades and no word yet on when or if the LG G4 will be upgrading to Android 7.

My LG G4 does provide good LTE speed but does not show the LTE+, however, my friend's Galaxy S6 on the PM network does show the LTE+, but I wouldn't say that it has affected the performance of my network speed.

I hope this helps

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't see phone models being an influence on how the network performs.  The two are typically separate.  Personally, I don't like carrier phones because they are not the easiest for the XDA community to work with.  Too much proprietary stuff involved.  That's why XDA developers like one plus phones which are very open.  

As for LTE advance, I am not sure that Public Mobile offers it or that it matters.  We are trying to consume all of a few gigs each month.  Many homeowners have home internet that is lower speed then LTE.  

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I am using LG g6 works pretty good. On orignal firmware was originally bell unlocked it pretty smooth. Fast don't know about update i only so far received one security patch update that's about it
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.