cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Compatible with LTE, or just 3G?

ang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up, and my phone says 3G on the top right.

Is my Samsung Galaxy S4 compatible with LTE, or just 3G?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Grant_J
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jheili99 wrote:

also keep in mind the following:

4G is actually LTE .... they are both about the same .... if you are in a very good location as i am, then you might even be able to receive LTE+ ( which is advanced LTE/4G ) .....

Samsungs are a bit weird I've found. between the different types of networks that could be considered 4g I've seen  it say: 4g, H, H+, LTE, or 4g LTE (and maybe LTE+ as you said)

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @ang, I believe @computergeek541's reply is probably key here--what is your specific sub-model of S4? e.g. SGH-i337, I9505G, etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

There are many different variations of the Galaxy S4.  What's your exact model number and did you buy it from a carrier?  If it's one from Wind, it will definitely not work on Public's LTE.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

also keep in mind the following:

4G is actually LTE .... they are both about the same .... if you are in a very good location as i am, then you might even be able to receive LTE+ ( which is advanced LTE/4G ) .....

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @ang!

You can go to willmyphonework.net and enter your S4's model number and check if its compatible with PM's LTE bands.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

yes it is :

1. Tap your Menu Key
  2. Go to Settings
  3. Tap More Networks
  4. Go to Network Mode
  5. Select the Network that you want. For 4G/LTE, choose the LTE/CDMA option. For 3G, choose CDMA.
  6. Tap OK and the device will apply the new settings and restart.

also check you APN settings and make sure they are set to PM network

Need Help? Let's chat.