cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S20+ MMS issue

Andrewbs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello just got this phone i set up the APN no problem but i have my data turned off while on wifi and it wont allow me to receive or send multi media messages any suggestions to fix this?

7 REPLIES 7

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In order to send and receive MMS, you must turn data on. Even if you are on wifi, data must be enabled.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Andrewbs I think Samsung was supposed to support "rcs(rich communication services)" check your messaging app to opt-in forthis option and you will be able to send and receive MMS through wifi. it's not really MMS more like Imessage

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Andrewbs Check your phone settings to see if there is a MMS specific setting that will automatically turn on data when sending/receiving MMS. Otherwise data must be on for MMS to work.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

MMS uses data but that data is not counted toward your paid allowance. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Andrewbs 

You will need to turn on data for MMS messages to work.  MMS message does not work on Wifi alone from my understanding.  MMS messaging does not use up your data allotment though.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You need to turn on data in order to send MMS even though it does not use your data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andrewbs wrote:

Hello just got this phone i set up the APN no problem but i have my data turned off while on wifi and it wont allow me to receive or send multi media messages any suggestions to fix this?

But data needs to be on to send/receive MMS.

My Samsung S7 seems to have a setting that flips in and out automatically.

Need Help? Let's chat.