cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy J3 2016 Model not on list does that mean its not compatible?

Micco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have a Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) model J320W8.  It is not specifically listed as compatible.

Does anyone know for sure if it is?

5 REPLIES 5

shaan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, it is.

susanc1
I have the exact same phone as you, a Samsung Galaxy J3 J320W8, and before I switched to PM, I went to Walmart prepared to buy a new phone because it's not on the list of compatible phones. The salesman discouraged me from buying a new phone (imagine!), saying he was confident it would work well. He was right! I'm completely satisfied:) Just a side note...if your phone is locked, call Samsung directly to get the code to unlock it. It takes no time at all, and they are super helpful. 1-800-726-7864 is their number.

Since Telus and PM are on the same network, I don't think your experience will change... other than the throttled LTE. Band 4 is recommended when buying a phone, but I'm guessing it would be in the Telus world too.

telusbands.PNG

These are Telus' frequencies and as you can see, Band 4 is the main Band there too.

Micco

I found this on this site:

"Any phone you are considering should ideally have 3G B2, B5 and LTE B4, B12 (or B17 instead of B12) for minimum coverage. If your phone does not have all recommended bands, you may have poor coverage / no service / slow data in some locations."

So looks like phone does not have LTE B4 and only has B12. 

Not sure if should try PM or not.  I am currently on a Telus plan and have had no problems to date with the phone but really havent used much.    

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Micco wrote:

Have a Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) model J320W8.  It is not specifically listed as compatible.

Does anyone know for sure if it is?

Your phone support the following bands according to https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/SM-J320WZAAXAC/

It should work with PM.

• 3G UMTSB1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850)
  • 4G FDD LTEB1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B12(700), B17(700)

Telus network uses the following bands:

4G

• B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1)
  • B12 (700)
  • B13 (700)

3G

• B2 (1900)
  • B5 (850)
Need Help? Let's chat.