cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A70 on PM

jordan23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone, before I buy a new phone (Samsung Galaxy A70) online at the Samsung website, I just want to be 100% sure that my PM SIM card will work on that phone. Does anybody here have this phone and using it with their PM number? Please let me know if you do, thank you!

13 REPLIES 13

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jordan23 wrote:

Yeah the screen size is quite big and I actually like it. I think it has the biggest screen among all Samsung phones at 6.7 inches. As long as it fits my pocket, then I'm good with it 🙂

My test is pretty simple: if it fits in my jeans pocket and I can still walk around and sit down, then it's OK with me.  I think the biggest phone I've ever has was an LG Stylo which was wide as well as tall.

jordan23

Yeah the screen size is quite big and I actually like it. I think it has the biggest screen among all Samsung phones at 6.7 inches. As long as it fits my pocket, then I'm good with it 🙂

jimbobs

@jordan23 wrote:

Hi @jimbobs , just wanna give you an update on the Samsung Galaxy A70. I've been using it for about a week now and everything's been great so far! From the camera, the big screen and especially the battery life, I'm definitely loving it! Or maybe because I switched from the Samsung Galaxy S5 (which I used it for 5 years) that's why I'm seeing a major upgrade in the features lol

Tks for letting me know.  Coincidentally, I looked at a demo model at Best Buy recently and thought it felt and looked very big. What do you think about the size? 

jordan23

Hi @jimbobs , just wanna give you an update on the Samsung Galaxy A70. I've been using it for about a week now and everything's been great so far! From the camera, the big screen and especially the battery life, I'm definitely loving it! Or maybe because I switched from the Samsung Galaxy S5 (which I used it for 5 years) that's why I'm seeing a major upgrade in the features lol

jordan23

That's good to hear! Sure, I will give you an update and feedback once I've started using it 

jimbobs

@jordan23 wrote:

Hi @jimbobs , yes I just bought this phone on the Samsung site and hopefully I'll get it next week. Will let you know once I get it to see if that phone works withouy any issues with PM 🙂

One of the staff at the Eaton Centre Samsung store assured me that it would work on PM so I don't think you'll have problems with network compatability. I'm wondering what it's like overall.  Online comments have been generally positive but I'd love to hear your experience.

jordan23

Hi @jimbobs , yes I just bought this phone on the Samsung site and hopefully I'll get it next week. Will let you know once I get it to see if that phone works withouy any issues with PM 🙂

jimbobs

@jordan23 wrote:

Hi everyone, before I buy a new phone (Samsung Galaxy A70) online at the Samsung website, ...

Did you buy this phone?  If so, what is your opinion of it?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Minimum recommended phone specs:

• 3G UMTS/W-CDMA/HSPA: B2 (1900) and B5 (850)
  • 4G FDD-LTE: B4, B5, B12

Currently VoLTE is not available and voice calls are only on 3G. SMS and data can work on 3G or LTE. Fastest data speeds are on LTE.

For LTE, these are all of the available bands on the network: 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 29, 30. Some bands are available in some locations, others available elsewhere. B66 will be coming next.

Any phone you are considering should have B4, B5, B12 (or B17 instead of B12) for minimum coverage.

B2, B7 (and B66 shortly) will give you faster speeds. The rest are not really necessary.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@jordan23 Check the exact model on www.willmyphonework.net/ Most are fine, but a few models are not very compatible with LTE data.

brennanleblanc_

@jordan23 wrote:

Hi everyone, before I buy a new phone (Samsung Galaxy A70) online at the Samsung website, I just want to be 100% sure that my PM SIM card will work on that phone. Does anybody here have this phone and using it with their PM number? Please let me know if you do, thank you!

Koodo sells this phone on their website. If it works at Koodo it works at PM.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jordan23 wrote:

On Amazon.ca a person commented that they are using the phone with Public Mobile.

https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-A70-Infinity-U-Smartphone-International/dp/B07RS512XL/ref=sr_1_3?keywo...

surreyboz

@jordan23 wrote:

Every Current & for about 2 or so years phone sold by official manufacturers & cell phone Provider in Canada are fully compatible with every cell phone Provider in Canada 

Need Help? Let's chat.