cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Samsung Galaxy A70 Compatibility

Hi, my phone recently broke and I was looking to buy a new one, and stumbled upon the Galaxy A70 on Amazon. However, the phone is listed as "international", and when I check for compatibility on the PM site the A70 isn't even an option, even though its been around 5 months since its release.

Im wondering if anyone knows if I will be able to use this phone with PM.

I am on the $15 plan if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

This is the specific Amazon link to the phone:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07RS512XL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1BN7MA8ELLJY5&psc=1

Mayor / Maire

Re: Samsung Galaxy A70 Compatibility

@Dan25 

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a70-9646.php

It has the following:

HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

Which is required for PM.  It should work with PM.  

Mayor / Maire

@Dan25 wrote:

Hi, my phone recently broke and I was looking to buy a new one, and stumbled upon the Galaxy A70 on Amazon. However, the phone is listed as "international", and when I check for compatibility on the PM site the A70 isn't even an option, even though its been around 5 months since its release.

Thanks!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07RS512XL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1BN7MA8ELLJY5&psc=1

Not much for LTE though. But data can work on HSDPA. Maybe some latency. But that only really matters for videos.

Edit: that Amazon listing has a question/answer from an actual Public Mobile customer saying it works.

@Dan25  It should work, but for the Canadian market, I wouldn't get a device missing bands 2 and 4 on LTE unless it's very inexpensive.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Telus used to refer to International as an unlocked phone. 

Mayor / Maire

@Dan25  Not a good choice for LTE. Maybe look at the new Nokia 7.2 available via B&H Photo. Supports all bands runs stock Android guaranteed updates for 3 years.

Mayor / Maire

Software built into international devices tends to have badly very Englishes. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@z10user4 wrote:

@Dan25 wrote:

Thanks!

Not much for LTE though. But data can work on HSDPA. Maybe some latency. But that only really matters for videos.

Edit: that Amazon listing has a question/answer from an actual Public Mobile customer saying it works.

Hi, and thanks for replying. So I also found someone locally selling a new A70 that they have, and this one is the Canadian one from the Samsung store, and the website states:

• 2G GSM GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
  • 3G UMTS B1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B8(900)
  • 4G FDD LTE B1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B12(700), B13(700), B17(700), B20(800), B26(850), B29(700), B66(AWS-3)
  • 4G TDD LTE B38(2600), B40(2300), B41(2500)

Compared to the Amazon international version I definitely notice more bands etc. Based on the other comments, I'm assuming these specs would run normally, without problem on Public Mobile, would I be correct with this assumption?

Mayor / Maire

@Dan25

Yes. Much better.