cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A10

pphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can you tell me why you do not support a Samsung Galaxy A10.   This is a brand new phone

20 REPLIES 20

@wilts wrote:

I just had to upgrade to an A10 from mi IPhone.  Other than I couldn't transfer my phone contact, and had to learn how to use it as it is differen, the swithch was for the most part seemless.   It is fully supported. Inserted the sime from the iPhone ans the A10 was active in about a minute.  Having to re enter my contacts was a pain but that is me swiching from an iPhone to asamsung.  No ones fault.

@wilts  Welcome to the other side! Smiley Happy

@wilts If you have Google apps on your iPhone eg Gmail and you allow them to access your contacts.. they will just hoover up all your contact information to your Google account.. (assuming your Google login on your iPhone is the same as your new phone).

wilts
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just had to upgrade to an A10 from mi IPhone.  Other than I couldn't transfer my phone contact, and had to learn how to use it as it is differen, the swithch was for the most part seemless.   It is fully supported. Inserted the sime from the iPhone ans the A10 was active in about a minute.  Having to re enter my contacts was a pain but that is me swiching from an iPhone to asamsung.  No ones fault.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@geopublic This solution was yours btw. Bravo!

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Here's an old thread of the same question, they seem to agree it will work.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/samsung-a10/m-p/372896?search-action-...

@ChuckYeah No worries. It's all about helping other customers and you did that. Good job.👍

@geopublic This solution was yours btw. Bravo!

@ChuckYeah wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/samsung-a10/m-p/372896?search-action-...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren 

Not unlike the SIMon wording that Alan_K replied to earlier. 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

So I suggest a disclaimer in the vicinity. 

@Anonymous makes sense to me.  But, as we know from our experience here in the community, few will bother to actually read it even if they bothere to include one!  But, still a good idea.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren 

Yes I'm aware of that but we're getting more and more people wondering if their phone is compatible, if not concluding that it's not by way of not seeing it, with that service.

So I suggest a disclaimer in the vicinity. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

Well...if @Alan_K is fixing things like earlier with @srlawren, maybe a disclaimer is in order on that compatibility service saying something like not every phone under the sun is shown which doesn't mean it's not compatible. 

@Anonymous FYI the compatibility list--I'm almost certain--was updated to leverage the willmyphonework.net database.  I'm almost certain @Alan_K mentioned a partnership with them--if not in the go-live announcement of the changes, then in a "changes are coming" announcement sometime in the spring. I believe. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...if @Alan_K is fixing things like earlier with @srlawren, maybe a disclaimer is in order on that compatibility service saying something like not every phone under the sun is shown which doesn't mean it's not compatible. 

@VIppanbatth@jimbobs  The OP @pphone  has already been informed that his phone is compatible with PM. He's probably on his phone right talking away and therefore to busy to close this thread.Smiley Happy

I believe this was resolved yesterday. The general consensus was that the phone was just new enough that it had not been included in the compatibility list. Correct me if I'm wrong @pphone .

VIppanbatth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently usomg A 7 and it is working well with publich work but may be new A10 is a new device that is why 

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pphone wrote:

Can you tell me why you do not support a Samsung Galaxy A10.   This is a brand new phone

Where did you buy this phone? What is exact model?

Settings

About phone

Model number

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@pphone wrote:

Public does not provide supoort for any phone model. It's on member to check of it works.  The compatibility getting started guide is a start point only.  Not all compatible phones will be in the list.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@pphone it will work on PM.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pphone wrote:

@pphone  All the latest manufacturer smartphones released for the Canadian market are compatible with Public Mobile. The problem arises when you purchased a phone outside of Canada that is not a Global version model (Not to be confused with Global ROM).

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Not all phones are listed in the compatablitiy checker.  There are so many new phones being released that it would seem to be next to impossible to have it updated with every possible phone available.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@pphone 

this phone should work with PM .  It supports the right bands, specifically 850/1900.  Are you having issues?

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a10-9580.php

Need Help? Let's chat.