cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Ace II x GT-S7560M locked to Koodo

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

Two days ago, I activated a Public Mobile SIM card on the 1GB data "M" plan.

My phone show "SIM not registered". No service 😞 APN is correctly configured.

EDIT:

Technical support worked on my case.

Finally, my SIM card registered to Public Mobile network on 2015-03-23 at 18h00 (Eastern Time)

18 REPLIES 18

@Ruthgibson,

Send an email to Public Mobile.

How to send an email ?

Click on this link : https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us

Then, at the bottom right of the page, click on "Email away" button.

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

Then click on "Email Us" and fill up the form.

An agent from Public Mobile will try to answer you ASAP.

Ruthgibson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Me too I paid my bill and my phone says no service I can't get it to work can somebody help me

@Jeremy_M,

Thanks for the follow up.

I also received a phone call at noon to verify if my service was working.

Great service from Public Mobile staff !

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Cyber 

It's an underlying issue in our backend that is causing the issue "system related" we are currently tracking and verifiying if we come across a similar issue with other customers as well.

I hope this helps?

Cheers!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Good Luck with that, most OP don't even come back to say if the issue was resolved.

@Jeremy_M,

If possible, I would appreciate a follow up to know what was the exact problem.

Thanks!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Cyber 

I'm glad to hear that the issue was resolved!

Cheers!

Technical support worked on my case.

Finally, my SIM card registered to Public Mobile network on 2015-03-23 at 18h00 (Eastern Time)

No UNLOCK was needed.

chukdefatey

Not all phones that are locked to Telus, Koodo and PM work on each others network.  However most do. 

chukdefatey
@Wow just amazing how many people are having issues and not to mention there's are so many others that aren't posting.

@PM, if you don't fix these things ASAP you are going to see a massive rise on your CCTS complains.

@benwarez,

I just purchased an IMEI unlock code for CAD$15.89

This will allow me to confirm or not if legacy devices locked to Telus/Koodo may have some problem to work on Public Mobile Network.

I keep you posted once I receive my unlock code.

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately, I guess that what any other customer will do in similar hassel situation...

@benwarez,

If I was a normal client without any patience, I would have run away to another telecom carrier.

benwarez

Send back an email saying problem has not been fixed yet, this is where difficulties begin, when customer is stuck with technical issue he has to send emails, wait for response, what if he needs his service to work immediately, it will be more effiscient if he cans speak with tech support on the phone, he only needs 15 minutes to get his tech issue fixed not 3 or more days. 

UPDATE: I got a reply from technical support :

"I'm sorry to see that you are not able to use your cellphone and that your sim card is not registered. As per what I could see on our system, the phone number that you have chosen is already assigned to another account."

"I have changed your phone number for the xxx-xxx-xxxx. You will need to powercycle your cellphone and then, it should be working fine."

Reseted APN to default, rebooted and SIM card still show NOT REGISTERED..

benwarez

Your phone has all requirements to let U use your 1GB Data, no need to unlock it if APN has been saved and selected, now, activate mobile data and deactivate wi-fi, if it does not show H+ or 4/3 G. it may be phone issue, just reset it to delete Koodo info and recreate  PM APN again. good luck!

@benwarez,

APN is correctly configured. This is a DATA only plan. No CALL or SMS.

The phone was activated on Koodo two years ago.

Should I consider this as never activated?

benwarez

phone locked to Koodo/telus network will work on PM network with calls/sms, U need to create PM APN to use it with Data, however phone should be first activated on Koodo/telus networks else U should unlock it.

Need Help? Let's chat.