Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A51 with older plan

ACanadianUser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All 

Current PM customer going to upgrade my phone

From what I've read, the A51 is ok on the Public network, but I haven't seen this model from Stapes / Visions mentioned. It says its unlocked. ModelSM-A515WZKA. 

1) Would there be any issues if I'm on a plan from before PM switched to the 3G speed? I shouldn't see anything get slower should I?

2) I should just be able to pop the nano sim out of the micro sim from my existing phone and that's it?

Thanks All!

4 REPLIES 4

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@ACanadianUser On recent Samsung phones, be warned that when you put a sim in a brand new phone, the device factory resets without warning. So, don't set it all up to your liking until after you put your sim in.

@ACanadianUser 

When you pop the sim out....save the housing in case you need to use the old phone as a back up. Enjoy your new phone!

@ACanadianUser wrote:

Hi All 

From what I've read, the A51 is ok on the Public network, but I haven't seen this model from Stapes / Visions mentioned. It says its unlocked. ModelSM-A515WZKA. 

1) Would there be any issues if I'm on a plan from before PM switched to the 3G speed? I shouldn't see anything get slower should I?

2) I should just be able to pop the nano sim out of the micro sim from my existing phone and that's it?

Thanks All!

Device compatibility isn't based on the plan. All plans use the same networks.

Staples is an authorized Samung retailer. They wouldn't other than a Samsung model that is optimized for Canadian networks.  This device is also known as SM-A515W and is a Canadian version. The complete model number is SM-A515WZKAXAC.

Galaxy A51 | Samsung Support CASM-A515WZKAXAC/

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ACanadianUser wrote:

Hi All 

Thanks All!

1.  A51 should work with PM 3G and LTE(4G).

2.  Just insert your PM SIM card and restart your new A51.  All the recent Samsung phone will reboot to initialize with PM related files.

https://www.staples.ca/products/2978407-en-samsung-galaxy-a51-65-unlocked-cell-phone-64-gb-4-gb-ram-...

Need Help? Let's chat.