cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A50

Jackismydog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,  I can't find this cell phone on the list. Is it possible to use this phone with Public mobile?

5 REPLIES 5

Redguy150

I just bought a Samsung a50 on Amazon last week and can confirm my public mobile sim card works. Should work for you, go for it!

Jackismydog

Shawn, JB, Popping,   thank you all for this fast reply!   I plan to buy it tomorrow at Telus . I just found that Publicmobile basic program is more attractive with the incitatives like the 2$ and the 1$ rebate.  I should be able to have a forfait for 7$/month!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jackismydog 

Koodo and Telus are selling Samsung A50 to be used on the Telus nework.  It wiil work with PM service on Telus network.

From an older thread.

Public Mobile bands are:

- 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).

- HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

According to the Samsung A50 spec sheet, the Samsung A50 supports the following bands:

- 4G FDD LTE: B17(700), B5(850), B2(1900), B1(2100), B4(AWS), B66(AWS-3)

- 3G UMTS: B5(850), B2(1900)

In conclusion, the Samsung A50 SHOULD be compatible with Public Mobile.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jackismydog wrote:

Hello,  I can't find this cell phone on the list. Is it possible to use this phone with Public mobile?

It should be fine,  Where did you purchase it?  IF bought in Canada or the US there should be no issue if it is from overseas we will need to know what actual model it is to make sure it has the right bands.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.