cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A50 Service provider SW ver.

CellphoneuserPM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a Samsung galaxy a50 running Android 10 and I would like to know if anyone with the phone has the same Service provider SW ver. found in settings, about phone,Software information.

My Service provider SW ver. info is as follows for July-8-2020

SA0MC_SM-A505W_OYV_CHR_QQ_0013

R58M631PEQB

CHR/CHR/XAC

I suspect every A50 should have the same value as this comes fro Public mobile.

17 REPLIES 17

levelbear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can flash your phone all you wish.  That will not change the provider.

Step #1 Flash the desired flash
Step #2 use a CSC changing software (play store likely paid or better ADB debug cable free) and change the CSC code to XAC
Step #3 factory reset
Step #4 setup phone as normal
Step #5 have a nice day!

Have a nice day

CellphoneuserPM

Thanks but I am still looking for the Service provider SW ver for a Samsung A50.

LocoLatino21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why I still have SER/SER/EUX/MEO under Service provider SW  after flash my Galaxy A51 via odin ?

Here is a screen capture

101545584_636787427051433_6861516718456438784_n.jpg

100881263_1131723483857414_7008560064910852096_n.jpg

how to fix this?

CellphoneuserPM

I am still looking for someone to give me a copy of there Service provider software version for their samsung a50.

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

I am looking for some one from Public mobile to provide a screen shot of there Service provider SW version.

It could be any of the available versions for a Public Mobile customer. If someone inserts a sim card and starts up the phone with a non-Public Mobile sim card, the phone would customize to the carrier's software version (at least for Canadian carrier sim cards and Canadian version of these phones). Switching to a Pubilic Mobile sim card afterwards would not change that software version information.  I'm unsure of what you're trying to figure out. The software version displayed in the menus does not need to match that of Public Mobile. 

CellphoneuserPM

I am looking for some one from Public mobile to provide a screen shot of there Service provider SW version.

CellphoneuserPM

Thanks. are you with Telus or Public mobile?

@computergeek541  that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

Jb456,

It's possible that a different carrier's sim card was inititally instaled in the phone. Once set, it shouldn't change by itself no matter how many sim cards from different carrers are inserted.

If someone has a compatible variant of a Samsung model, customers generally do not need to change the CSC.  For example, someone with a Samsung device that displays Rogers or Bell are going to be fine. Samsung devices are usually pretty good with the APN database pre-saved on the phone, unlike some other brands of devices, who in the past, sometimes blanked out the APN settings for all other carriers.

@computergeek541  that's good to know. I wonder why OPs is CHR. Any ideas?

@Jb456 

Public Mobile is PMB/PMB/XAC.

As for the automatic factory reset, that is only supposed to happen once during the life of the phone.  It is not supposed ever happen when switching sim cards, but reports are that it does occassionally occur.

Note: changing the CSC manually always causes a factory reset

@CellphoneuserPM 

XAC is Canada Unbranded when you first get it with no sim card in. The default for all phones I think.

Once you put a carrier sim card in I believe the phone will factory reset and install that particular carriers info.

In your case it's CHR which is Canada Unknown. It might not be just Public Mobile maybe other 3rd tier carriers like Freedom, Lucky might show the same as yours.

If you put another sim card in let's say Rogers for instance (RWC). It may do another factory reset and then install Rogers apps, bloatware, etc to the phone.  I'm not sure about this though if it does another factory reset or not.  It may be only the first time and it installs all things like carrier APNs, wificalling, bloatware, apps ,etc etc.

A quick google came up with this list.

• “BMC”, “Bell Mobile branded”
  • “BWA”, “SaskTel branded”
  • “CHR”, “Canada (unknown)”
  • “ESK”, “EastLink branded”
  • “FMC”, “Fido Mobile branded”
  • “GLW”, “Globalive Wind Mobile branded”
  • “KDO”, “Koodo Mobile branded”
  • “MTB”, “Belarus branded”
  • “RWC”, “Rogers branded”
  • “TLS”, “Telus branded”
  • “VMC”, “Virgin Mobile branded”
  • “VTR”, “Vidéotron branded”
  • “XAC”, “Canada unbranded (default)”

While reading it also says you could change your CSC to another carrier.

important however - if you change your CSC then the phone will do another factory reset so make sure you back everything up first and save all your stuff.

No idea if this code works for A50 but it does on other Samsung phones. 

*#243203855# This will popup the CSC reset screen, where you can set the CSC code to whatever you want. (Careful, it will reset your phone if you change it).

You can set it to any carriers and you will gain that specific carrier bloatware package and OTA updates. Technically, that means I could reset my phone to the Rogers CSC, then use my Telus card (because it's unlocked). However, the thing you can't do (apparently) is put it to carrier neutral (XAC) and keep it there.

CellphoneuserPM

Here is a screen capture

Screenshot_20200710-022906_Settings.jpg

CellphoneuserPM

There is no interpretation. Its the version of Public mobiles software placed on your phone. It should be the same throughout all A50.

@gblackma  A Samsung firmware designation? For iPhones PM only manages carrier profiles. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

FMI Can anyone interpret that? Thanks.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@CellphoneuserPM  Hope your PM service is fully functional. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.