cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A5

derekt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I might be getting a good deal on the Samsung A5. Will it work with public mobile? 

10 REPLIES 10

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

@derekt wrote:

Great. I have a SM-A520W as well. Over all, do you have any issues? I plan to swap my simm and setup soon. 

No issues at all. I activated the SIM online, put it into the A5 and was up and running in a few minutes.  All the settings are available in this forum and elsewhere.

Great phone has an excellent camera...except in night conditions for some reason unless I'm missing something. Much better than the s7 ( I thought it was the other way around!).  Great price too I think I paid $399+tax in Dec 2017. The Samsung s7 was almost twice the price.

I'd say the A5 has an OK camera rather than an "excellent" one.  Outdoors in bright light is fine but in less bright situations it's not so good.  Having said that, it is a single lens camera on a budget camera so nobody should, or can reasonably, expect a really good camera.

@jimbobs wrote:

@derekt wrote:

Great. I have a SM-A520W as well. Over all, do you have any issues? I plan to swap my simm and setup soon. 

No issues at all. I activated the SIM online, put it into the A5 and was up and running in a few minutes.  All the settings are available in this forum and elsewhere.

Great phone has an excellent camera...except in night conditions for some reason unless I'm missing something. Much better than the s7 ( I thought it was the other way around!).  Great price too I think I paid $399+tax in Dec 2017. The Samsung s7 was almost twice the price.

jimbobs

@derekt wrote:

@derekt wrote:

Your model works 100% with Public Mobile.

derekt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

jimbobs

Yes. I'm using an A5, model number SM-A520W on PM.

I have the A5 as well but the dual SIM (bought from foreign electronics.) Works great been using it with both my numbers to test it out and no issues so far in that regard.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@derekt wrote:

I might be getting a good deal on the Samsung A5. Will it work with public mobile? 

Yes, almost all models will work.

With the exception of sub-model: SM-A500H (3G network only, as this device does not support 4G LTE bands)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@derekt, I assume you are purchasing the North American model?  If so, it will definitely work.  Run the sub-model number through this checker.  All A5s have the right bands for 3G but SM-A500H does not support LTE. 

https://willmyphonework.net/

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@derekt wrote:

Yes, works perfectly.  I'm using one!

Need Help? Let's chat.