cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS time stamps wrong

Al_Ice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I use a Nokia ‘dumbphone’, which I love! I purchased it unlocked, so it’s not a Public Mobile phone. 

Ever since I switched to Public Mobile, the time stamps on my texts are all wrong. The incoming ones are 3 hours ahead (EST) but the ones I send are current (PST). So when I read my texts, they are all out of order, which is pretty frustrating. 

I’ve tried restarting the phone, updating the time, manually setting the time, auto setting the time, changing all of the text settings.... nothing has helped! 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tony8 wrote:

Hi, did you try turning off any "auto time zone" or change "time zone" settings?

I was also going to mention the time zone setting as I have had this issue before even with manually setting the time.

Hope things get sorted out for you!

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, did you try turning off any "auto time zone" or change "time zone" settings?

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Al_Ice wrote:

I use a Nokia ‘dumbphone’, which I love! I purchased it unlocked, so it’s not a Public Mobile phone. 

Ever since I switched to Public Mobile, the time stamps on my texts are all wrong. The incoming ones are 3 hours ahead (EST) but the ones I send are current (PST). So when I read my texts, they are all out of order, which is pretty frustrating. 

I’ve tried restarting the phone, updating the time, manually setting the time, auto setting the time, changing all of the text settings.... nothing has helped! 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

thanks! 

@Al_Ice try turning off the auto time update setting. Make sure you're on the latest firmware. Reboot the phone and test it out.  Good luck.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There must be some kind of manual time override set on the phone.  Go through the settings tab by tab.  

Need Help? Let's chat.