cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIMon is terrible. Issues transferring a number to Public Mobile

corewhy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello whoever this is. this is an absolutely absurd system for "support". I have been contacted and told that I have issues in transferring my number from an old to account to my Public Mobile account and have updated my name in the old account to match and can't talk to any humans apparently to make it work? I have no idea how to proceed. Maybe hire some humans? Will most likely switch providers, had no idea a company would rely on a chatbot for their entire support system. really terrible.

15 REPLIES 15

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

SIMon can be a bit annoying to the uninitiated.  It's a triage to reduce the number of tickets being initiated for issues that don't need moderator team assistance.

delete me oracles

#wts

👍

@corewhy wrote:

everytime i went to the submit a ticket link i got a Error 404 from the Public Mobile website, have yet to see a link that works, and yes, it does take a while to get a response from the Moderator_Team, still waiting for a response from direct message or a working linke to actually submit a ticket.

When submitting a ticket. Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

corewhy

everytime i went to the submit a ticket link i got a Error 404 from the Public Mobile website, have yet to see a link that works, and yes, it does take a while to get a response from the Moderator_Team, still waiting for a response from direct message or a working linke to actually submit a ticket.

@corewhy you can directly message customer support, but their response time can vary using that method. the fastest way to recieve a reply is to create a ticket using Simon... the chatbot is very easy to use, just tap on the chat bubble options and eventually you get brought to the "submit a ticket, click me" option.

SIMon chat bubbles.jpeg

submit ticket.jpeg

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@corewhy Simon is just a bot. If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can clear your browser's cache and try using private mode.

The alternative is to send a private message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
but moderators prioritize tickets over private messages, so the response time can be slower.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

corewhy

The submit a ticket link SIMon provided always led to a Error 404 page on the Public Mobile website despite my being logged in to the community page. Whoever first replied had a real link to message the Moderator_Team, just waiting on a response.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@corewhy if you are wrestling with the bot you can type contact us or speak to a human and it will link you with the moderators. So sorry this has not been a great experience for you. 

You can always just pick a Public mobile number yo activate the SIM then once you have it activated measage the moderators I want to port my number through this link and you will be off to the races!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@corewhy hi the best way to contact a moderator is to click on the ? lower right hand corner ask simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator it is the best way when creating a ticket tell them your issue with porting good luck you will will find there is a lot of support here you just have to ask 😁

@corewhy Just plug away with the moderator requesting information. Unless you do not have authority to transfer the number it will eventually get sorted. Just use your old service until it stops working, BUT, unless it was with Telus/Koodo, be sure to keep your old account active.

BTW: We, the members here, are much nicer than call centre staff! 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@corewhy 

Agree.  SIMon is not user friendly.

Try my following procedure:

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.

After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save

corewhy

Appreciate the info

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Chat bot is supposed to connect you with a human when you are not able to do it yourself. But sometimes it gets stubborn

You can reach moderators by clicking question sign or you can message them directly by sending private message to Moderator_Team

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@corewhyYou could skip SIMon altogether if you're having issues; heres the link to message the moderators!

Here's a guide on how to contact the moderators.

Here is a phone number you could call 1-866-558-2273. Telus does the phone number porting for Public Mobile.

Good luck on porting your number!

Need Help? Let's chat.