cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM unlock code?

ThatSeaOtter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi all,
I've been on PM for several weeks and all is working good on my Note 3, but I have put my SIM into my unlocked Samsung Galaxy 3 and I'm getting a message upon start up.

It's asking for a SIM unlock code. What's that about / how do I resolve this issue?

Phone calls & SMS cannot be made.

Thanks all!
17 REPLIES 17

@Tony26 wrote:

How do I get a fawking sim unlock code.. I been fighting with this for 5 days now . I called Roger got code never work . I called Sony n still code doesn't work . I need a sim unlock code pin.  Can someone on this fawkin site provide this am getting very frustrated 

There isn't anyone here, nor at Public Mobile who can help you with an unlock code for a Rogers phone.  You need to take it up with Rogers and/or Sony.   You can try third party resellers of unlock codes. I know you shouldn't have to do that, but it's a possible solution.  Unfortunately, the unlock code sellers may provide the same code.  Despite what unlock code sellers say, unlock code databases aren't 100% accurate. They do contain mistakes/incorrect codes.

@srlawren wrote:

@Tony26 you have to get the fawking code from your fawking previous carrier that locked your fawking phone. It sounds like they may have fawked you over.  If you enter the code too many times, your fawking fowne will stop taking even the legit codes, so I think you may be fawked.

EDIT:  but of course, you already fawking know all of this.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Locked-sin-need-new-pin-or-puk/m-p/28...

LOL

@Tony26 wrote:

Yeah something **bleep**ed up here... Loosing patience bad.. I think pm took my money and ran . I still never got a reply back for the dumass monatator.. Wish this stupid company had a call centre take **bleep**in days to someone to reply 

There is a call centre, it is called Telus but you need to pay more for those plans and you need a telus SIM card. 

Now if the SIM from PM is locked from trying to activate too many times than yeah, you will need to contact the Moderators. 

If the phone is locked than you need to contact your previous carrier, if that is what you have been doing, than you need to keep doing it until it is unlocked.

Wish you luck in getting it sorted.

Tony26

Yeah something **bleep**ed up here... Loosing patience bad.. I think pm took my money and ran . I still never got a reply back for the dumass monatator.. Wish this stupid company had a call centre take **bleep**in days to someone to reply 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tony26 you have to get the fawking code from your fawking previous carrier that locked your fawking phone. It sounds like they may have fawked you over.  If you enter the code too many times, your fawking fowne will stop taking even the legit codes, so I think you may be fawked.

EDIT:  but of course, you already fawking know all of this.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Locked-sin-need-new-pin-or-puk/m-p/28...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Tony26

How do I get a fawking sim unlock code.. I been fighting with this for 5 days now . I called Roger got code never work . I called Sony n still code doesn't work . I need a sim unlock code pin.  Can someone on this fawkin site provide this am getting very frustrated 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dbowers2686 Contact AT&T or your only other choice would be to purchase an unlock code from an online seller or from a cell phone repair shop.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dbowers2686, If your phone is network locked to AT&T, you need to contact AT&T to get it unlocked (or find an unlocking service/code from the web).

Actually, AT&T used to unlock phones for people who were outside the USA, and where the phone was either never connected to the AT&T network, or had been connected for a minumum of xx months.  not sure if they still do this, but you might want to look around if that's your situation.

BTW, you have posted to a really old topic.  In the future, you should always start a new topic for your questions, so that you get the most exposure and best chance at getting a quick response.

dbowers2686
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need unlock code for rugby 3 from at&t 

terrilin

I'm not sure where you live in Canada, but Kijiji is pretty easy to use and popular to buy new/used unlocked devices too (mostly at Eastern Canada) 🙂

feasteyeson

I'd recommend selling that phone and buying a new one. I've had positive experiences buying unlocked phones off eBay.

pylon

You could try phoning your original  provider (the one you got the phone from). Some providers charge for unlocks but this charge is sometimes omitted. I'm sure  that in your case they would definitely omit the charge.

imm1304

I had very similar experience with a Samsung phone.  I had bought an unlock code and then a year later when I tried 3rd sim, it asked for unlock code again.  Luckily, I was able to search my email and find the unlock code.  

ThatSeaOtter
Thanks @imm1304 and @Luddite

I hope that I have the unlock code somewhere in my email... I can't remember but I asummed that I unlocked it years ago because I've used it before with a Fido, Rogers, wind, Telus sim.

I'll poke around as its running cyanogen.

Cheers!

Hi. What carrier were you with prior to joining PM?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

That is the message one gets when trying to use the SIM in a locked phone. How have you confirmed that it is unlocked?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

imm1304

Hey @ThatSeaOtter, it sounds very much like the phone you put the sim in is not unlocked. If you had it unlocked, then you may still have the unlock code lying around somewhere.. enter it again.  

Need Help? Let's chat.