cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM stopped working

dragos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

SIM stopped working few days ago, when I moved the SIM card into another phone: (IPhone SE); Was working fine on Nexus 5P.

I don's see the cell network anymore (does not register with the newtork). Tried the SIM on another phone, same problem.

How can I change the SIM? I just bought another Public Mobile SIM and I have lokked online to see how I can activate the SIM under the same phone number as before:but I am not sure how to do it - all I see is about getting a nuw phone number?

Please let me know how I can register the new SIM under the existen phone number, since the old one is done.

Regards,

Dragos.

edited by computergeek541: removed customer's phone number

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dragos wrote:

Thank you so much for posting the screen capture with "Change SIM" option. I did not know about it before.

I have entered the new SIM number and hope to get it working soon.

Many thanks to all who replied the post!

D.

@dragos did it work? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dragos

Thank you so much for posting the screen capture with "Change SIM" option. I did not know about it before.

I have entered the new SIM number and hope to get it working soon.

Many thanks to all who replied the post!

D.

@dragos wrote:

Thank you fore reply.

Nexus was mine and the battery died; the SE was wf's phone, also on Public Mobile.

Got her another phone and I got the SE. All our phones are unlocked.

So no blacklisting here and no carrier-locking. 

Is is so hard to have another SIM registered under the same phone number if previous SIM went bust? I don't want to change my phone number.

Thanks,

D.

If you are sure that the SIM card is the culprit, buy a new one, go into your existing self serve account and change your SIM number. No need to change your phone number (and do not go through the normal "new activation" process.)

Screenshot_2019-03-31-Public-Mobile---Change-SIM-Card.jpg

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dragos wrote:

Thank you fore reply.

Nexus was mine and the battery died; the SE was wf's phone, also on Public Mobile.

Is is so hard to have another SIM registered under the same phone number if previous SIM went bust? I don't want to change my phone number.

Thanks,

D.

Hi @dragos , a few posts up @Anonymous explains how to change SIM cards.  

dragos

Thank you fore reply.

Thanks,

D.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dragos wrote:

Hi,

SIM stopped working few days ago, when I moved the SIM card into another phone: (IPhone SE); Was working fine on Nexus 5P.

I don's see the cell network anymore (does not register with the newtork). Tried the SIM on another phone, same problem.

How can I change the SIM? I just bought another Public Mobile SIM and I have lokked online to see how I can activate the SIM under the same phone number as before:but I am not sure how to do it - all I see is about getting a nuw phone number?

Please let me know how I can register the new SIM under the existen phone number, since the old one is done.

Regards,

Dragos.

edited by computergeek541: removed customer's phone number

@dragos okay I'm a bit confused.  You had a SIM card and account that were working great on your Nexus; then you got an iPhone SE, moved the card over, and it fails to detect the SIM.  Did you already own the SE, just bought it new, or just bought it used?  I'm thinking it is probably locked to your previous provider if you bought it from one or bought it used.  If you bought it used, it could also be blacklisted making it unusable on any Canadian carrier.  If you just bought it new, was it from a retailer (Apple store, Costco, etc) or from a mobile provider?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@dragos you should remove your phone number from your post. This is an open forum, where anyone with an internet connection can see it, so for your own privacy, please don't post personal information in your posts.  

Oops. Thanks Pizzaeh. 🙂

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dragos you should remove your phone number from your post. This is an open forum, where anyone with an internet connection can see it, so for your own privacy, please don't post personal information in your posts.  

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

SIM cards tend to be very robust, best way to check is to put it back in the old phone to see if it's still working. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragos wrote:

Hi,

How can I change the SIM? I just bought another Public Mobile SIM and I have lokked online to see how I can activate the SIM under the same phone number as before: xxxxxxxxxx but I am not sure how to do it - all I see is about getting a nuw phone number?

Regards,

Dragos.

There's a Change SIM feature in the self-serve. It's not activating per se.

Need Help? Let's chat.