cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM network unlock PIN

volaxis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tonight when I started my phone up I was presented with: "Sim network unlock PIN"

This is an old phone, i've used it for a few years, its always been unlocked. Ive been on Public Mobile for a year now. Codes like 1234 and 0000 dont work. Tonight its just decided to lock me out of the network. Any number I enter it says "succesfully unlocked" but does not connect and the "Sim network unlock PIN" appears again.

@Shazia_K

@Mary_M

@Simon_O

@MarieHelen_L

106 REPLIES 106

@robsteene first of all, what exact message you see?  There are 3 different ones and depends on the error message , there are different ways to get the unlock code.

robsteene
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How did you get it unlocked? I have had no luck with these people

maggie_anne1987

Oh i was told i had to get it from public mobile  because its the sim.. thank you i'll try samsung 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maggie_anne1987 : It sounds like the phone is locked to a previous provider. Either ask them for an unlock code or Samsung is quite good with getting that for you.

maggie_anne1987

Yes my phone is a Samsung.. keeps saying sim locked need puk code & no one from public is replying for days

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maggie_anne1987 : You've been here for quite a while. What's the story? What are you trying to do? Is the phone locked? Is it a Samsung?

@maggie_anne1987 wrote:

Been waiting on someone to get back to  me about this issue.. you got my money  wasting each day.. 

Did you send in a ticket to a CSA? If so how long has it been? 

maggie_anne1987

Been waiting on someone to get back to  me about this issue.. you got my money  wasting each day.. 

Robotman

I want to give my input on this. Some people are furious that their sim card is locked and don't know what to do. Carriers are obligated to unlock your device for free. It's a very simple process where you don't need to call them and can do it online. 

1. Don't enter any pins when your sim card asks for the unlocking code. You only get 10 attempts before you'll be asked for the puk code. You'll need to ask the moderators here for the puk code by opening a live chat.

2. Open a live chat with your previous carrier for your phone. All carriers should have a live chat.

3. You'll meet a bot or a live agent. They'll ask for your question. Just say: I was a past customer and recently switched to a new carrier. My sim network is locked and needs a pin. Can you help unlock my phone please? If you answer the bot, it'll ask for personal details related to your account. You can skip this and you'll be forwarded to a live agent. Ask the agent the same question.

4. You'll be asked to give your IMEI number and phone model. Dial *#06# so you can copy and paste your IMEI number easier. You can find your phone model in settings>system>about phone for Android.

5. That's it!!! The agent will give you a pin number to unlock your sim network or card. Make sure you write this number down and forget it. Reinsert your sim card into your phone, enter the pin and your phone is unlocked.

@Crux wrote:

I got their sim off amazon and I went to type in my sim code and did it. Now it asking for a puk and I cannot find a way to get online. A bit of help?

What's the exact message on the screen of the phone?  For one type, you need a moderator to provide it to you.  if it says the word 'network' in the mesasage such as 'SiM Network Unlock PUK", your phone is locked to another carrier. You need to contact that carrier for the regular unlocking code as well asthe master unlocking code.

Crux

I got their sim off amazon and I went to type in my sim code and did it. Now it asking for a puk and I cannot find a way to get online. A bit of help?

@izzybee 

As stated before, a phone asking for the

SIM Network Unlock PIN or SIM Network Unlock PUK means that it is locked to another carrier.  Contacting the moderators would be a waste of time.

izzybee

I think you are both incorrect. This is an issue with the sin card, not the phone. It sounds like the individual needs to contact the moderator time for a network unlock pin or PUK.

@gblackma wrote:

The default puk code is not 1234. That's web misinformation do not waste your attempts contact the moderators for the puk code.

There's no such thing as a guessable default for SIM Network Unlock PIN or SIM Network Unlock PUK. The code for each device would be different.  You're right that the sim card's PUK wouldn't be 1234,

@arjaypellodar  was replying to @volaxis 's first message in this thread . Volaxis wasn't asking for a PUK but rather the SIM Network Unlock PIN. A Public Mobile moderator wouldn't be able to provide that unless the phone is locked to Telus/Kooodo/Public.  

The default puk code is not 1234. That's web misinformation do not waste your attempts contact the moderators for the puk code.

arjaypellodar

Reyes

@Audit13 wrote:

@Sweta, if your sim is locked, you will need to contact a member of the Modertator Team to get the puk code to unlock the sim and choose a new 4-digit pin.

When contacting the Mod Team, be sure to include your name, sim number, account number, and account pin.

Reyes

@Sweta wrote:

Hey guys i am having the same issue. Can someone unlock sim network for me? My phobene is unlocked

@chilli wrote:

Hi,

the phone is unlocked.

The sim pin is the problem.

Thanks.

@chilli  PM does not lock sim cards. If you have access to another unlocked phone or one from a current Telus/Kood/PM subscriber  insert your PM card in that phone. Does it ask for a PIN? If not, then  your phone is still locked and you need to get it unlocked.

@chilli wrote:

Hi,

the phone is unlocked.

Thanks.

Since you're posting in a thread with a title of "SIM Network Unlock PIN" does your phone ask for that?  If it does, your phone isn't unlocked.

chilli

Hi,

the phone is unlocked.

Thanks.

chilli

I've resent it twice and no one reply

Ticket reference number: 110223-940

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chilli wrote:

I've sent the request for days and no reply.

Request to who? The subject line thread that you found suggests that your phone is locked to a provider. If it's a Samsung phone then they have a nice service to provide an unlock code. Otherwise, you'll need to talk to the previous provider and get it unlocked.

@chilli 

@chilli wrote:

If more tha 48 hours, I would resend message to moderator again.  

chilli

@Gaethano wrote:

It says that the default PUK code for Public mobile is 1234 I tried that and create my own psw it is not working  what should I do?

The default PIN of a Public Mobile sim card is 1234 as you said, but there's no such thing as a default PUK for a sim card. Each sim card card PUK is differently and uniquely set.

Look the title of this thread (SIM network unlock PIN), this thread is about a phone being locked to another carrier. That isn't the same as a sim card's PIN.

@Gaethano wrote:

It says that the default PUK code for Public mobile is 1234 I tried that and create my own psw it is not working  what should I do?

Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

Gaethano

VirginNo

And then I also followed community advice to program my cell phone Galaxy A5 (2017) because there was additional adjustments to be made in addition to the general instructions.

Need Help? Let's chat.