cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM network unlock PIN

volaxis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tonight when I started my phone up I was presented with: "Sim network unlock PIN"

This is an old phone, i've used it for a few years, its always been unlocked. Ive been on Public Mobile for a year now. Codes like 1234 and 0000 dont work. Tonight its just decided to lock me out of the network. Any number I enter it says "succesfully unlocked" but does not connect and the "Sim network unlock PIN" appears again.

@Shazia_K

@Mary_M

@Simon_O

@MarieHelen_L

106 REPLIES 106

VirginNo

I had to contact Virgin Mobile to get the unlock PIN. My phone worked...  I restarted my phone and waited until the next day until I was fully functional.

djaworski

I was asked to remove the pin numbers in my previous post but I am not able. The numbers I posted worked for our phone but they may not work for other devices. We have tried many times with the wrong given codes and never got locked out. This may be luck so please take my information with caution, as the instructions do mention 1 time chance only. Best is to get the information for free directly from Samsung Customer Service by email here: 

dear_customer@contactus.samsung.com

Note that Chat was a waste of time as they requested a bill of sale for the used phone before any assistance was given, by email reply came in less than 1 day. Hope this clarifies my previous post and good luck.

@djaworski If you are able, please delete your specific codes to avoid the problem noted by computergeek.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

A note about @djaworski 's message post before this one:

MCK and NCK are unique to each individual device unit.

All members: Do not enter these codes for your device.  If you try using the NCK from earlier, you risk locking out your ability to carrier unlock your device, and you'll then require the master code.  This will make things more difficult for you.  The MCK shown earlier also is not a valid master unlock code for any device other than djaworkski's. Based on what looks like instructions provided by Samsung about there only being "one chance", it also sounds as if entering the MCK incorrectly could make it so that your device is no longer unlockable.

The steps shown for unlocking are fine. The codes aren't though.

djaworski

The network unlock can be frustrating, my son and I tried to unlock his new used phone several times last year and gave up as he needed a working phone and it was taking days to get responses which then turn out incorrect. Then he tried to switch to Public Mobile again last week and this time I got it to work. Rogers is suppose to provide this service for free for out of contract phones but their customer support is not helpfull.

Here is the information from Samsung customer service email (the chat support refused to help). The email support is free of charge and unlocked our S7, this should also work for other Samsung phones. 20190909_174837.jpg20190909_174802.jpg

1. Insert a different carrier SIM card.
2. The screen shows “SIM network unlock PIN”
3. Enter the MCK code 71730920 Note: Only one chance. Do not make a mistake.
4. Click UNLOCK.
5. The screen shows “Network unlock request unsuccessful”.
6. Enter the NCK code (41461575).
7. Click UNLOCK.
8. The screen shows “Network unlock successful”.

@Rudy91 wrote:

i need to obtain a network unlock oin

Public Mobile's moderators can only help to unlock a phone that is locked to the Telus family of brands.  They cannot help to unlock phones from other carriers. For these devices, you would need to contact the original carrier, manufactuer, or purchase unlocking services or codes from third-party sellers.

@Rudy91If it is just a network unlock PIN you need to contact the provider who issued the phone. Public Mobile doesn't sell phones so they can't help you with network unlock codes.. Do watch out, if you try too many times it will lock you out.

Rudy91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i need to obtain a network unlock oin

@Bev1965What kind of phone do you have? What carrier did you have before? Since Public Mobile doesn't sell phones.. you will have to contact the phone's previous carrier to get the network unlock PIN. Do note the consumer codes only obligates the carrier to unlock the phone on request.. most phones do not come unlock as default.

Bev1965

imei removed by computergeek541

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@IGCarrita wrote:

Virgin already unlocked my phone. Still getting same message

@IGCarrita what exact message are you getting?  It sounds like they may not have successfully unlocked it after all but telling us the message will help determine that.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

IGCarrita

Virgin already unlocked my phone. Still getting same message

srlawren

@IGCarrita wrote:

New Public Mobile Client and I have to say, this is the most frustrating self setup that I’ve used...

@IGCarrita is your phone still locked to Virgin?  If so, you need to contact Virgin for an unlock code, not Public Mobile.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

IGCarrita

New Public Mobile Client and I have to say, this is the most frustrating self setup that I’ve used...

Dodgy UI/UX for a selfserve company and now I’m still waiting on PUK from mods for the past couple of days... In days where all is dependent on their cellphones - you have to get this right. 

Probably should go back to Virgin mobile just to save headaches

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cindyaperez2 wrote:

i need my punk code to unblock my sim card

Did you not see my reply to you in the other thread you posted in? That's the problem with posting in multiple threads...you lose track of where you posted.

@cindyaperez2 wrote:

The only to way to get your sim card's PUK code is to ask a moderator for it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/What-is-PUK-code-Where-do-I-get-the-P...

cindyaperez2

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I remember reading somewhere online how to determine how many unlock attempts you have left and how many you have already tried by punching in some codes into your phone app in Android.

Also, after calling Bell Mobility (my previous provider), I found out that there are three levels of unlock codes:

1. Network unlock code

2. IMEI master unlock code

3. Service Provider unlock code

I had them walk me through unlocking four different phones that I have had with them in the past.  I think the agent was new as she disclosed a lot more than I expected from Bell.  She gave me all the unlock codes in existence for my old phones and they all worked.  I was sure that I would get the run-around and stonewalling that I was used to getting from them, but the call went smoothly and fairly quick - only 50 minutes long, as opposed to 2-3 hours I normally endured.

@cindyarosales

If you need  a PUK code, you will need to contact moderator:

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Include your phone number, account number and PIN.

If you have a Samsung phone, it may be faster to contact Samsung directly either via live chat or phone.  PM moderators will usually take 1-3 days to respond to requests.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cindyarosales wrote:

mi sim card is block and i need punk code

If you have a Samsung phone then they have a good method of getting it.

If you brought your phone from another provider then they will unlock it for free (a Canadian phone in Canada).

If you've tried more than like 10 times then I seem to think that kills the SIM. But I could be wrong.

Otherwise you'll need to contact the moderators here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.

cindyarosales

mi sim card is block and i need punk code

@Anonymous wrote:

@ABARN wrote:

I had same issue after switching provider although the phone was purchases as unlocked device from Staples. Old provider was unable to provide unlock code as phone was not in their database. End up contacting Samsung and they were quick to provided the unlock code.  

not sure why the phone got locked at first place.

It's a goofy thing Samsung does by locking to the first active SIM provider inserted.

I can say that at least with certain models with specific software versions installed, that Samsung has stopped doing this.  The Xcover 4 is a model that supposedly does lock to the carrier of the first inserted sim, but I can say that while they still do this goofy unauthorized factory reset after inserting your first sim card (the same as if you changed your carrier/version code or whatever you call it) - really annoying if you've already set everything up before putting the sim card in...  I had a brand new one that had Android 8.1 installed and it did not lock to the first carrier (perhaps because the sim was from a Canadian carrier).  So, that's at least a step in the right direction. 

srlawren

@Anonymous @ABARN it allows them to NOT have to produce a version that's locked to Telus and a verison that's locked to Bell and a version that's locked to Rogers and a version that's locked to Verizon and a verison that's locked to T-Mobile and a version that's locked to AT&T and a verison that's locked to Sprint and a version that's locked to [name your favourite providers across the world].  Instead, produce a version that ships unlocked but auto-locks when first activated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ABARN wrote:

I had same issue after switching provider although the phone was purchases as unlocked device from Staples. Old provider was unable to provide unlock code as phone was not in their database. End up contacting Samsung and they were quick to provided the unlock code.  

It's a goofy thing Samsung does by locking to the first active SIM provider inserted.

ABARN

cappaj

@patriciabelle10 wrote:

hi I inserted the sim that i received in the mail and now i have a message that "device is blocked. please enter the master unlock code."

not sure what to do, i chose my plan and paid.

can someone help me.

Thanks 

Patricia

If you get the unlock code from your previous provider and that doesn't work, you may need to contact your phone's manufacturer and request the master unlock code from them. That will let you get your phone back to the point where you can enter the provider's unlock code.

msromeo

Your phone is most likely locked to your previous carrier.  Unlocking is now free in Canada.  Bring the phone to your previous wireless company and they will unlock.  You can ususally do it online with them or over the phone as well.  It is just a numbered code that they give you and phone unlockes and you are good to go:) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@patriciabelle10, Is you phone unlocked?  because a brand new SIM would not have a lock code on it.

patriciabelle10

hi I inserted the sim that i received in the mail and now i have a message that "device is blocked. please enter the master unlock code."

not sure what to do, i chose my plan and paid.

can someone help me.

Thanks 

Patricia

cappaj

@Jessyebony wrote:

Good day... Please with regards to sim network unlock pin... My phone which was sent to me is writing sim unlock pin amd i have tried changing d sim yet its still wriritn the same sim unlock pin.

I believe that that message is asking for the unlock code from the phone's previous/original provider. If you contact the provider and give them the phone's IMEI, they should give you the unlock code.

Need Help? Let's chat.