cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM network unlock PIN

volaxis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tonight when I started my phone up I was presented with: "Sim network unlock PIN"

This is an old phone, i've used it for a few years, its always been unlocked. Ive been on Public Mobile for a year now. Codes like 1234 and 0000 dont work. Tonight its just decided to lock me out of the network. Any number I enter it says "succesfully unlocked" but does not connect and the "Sim network unlock PIN" appears again.

@Shazia_K

@Mary_M

@Simon_O

@MarieHelen_L

106 REPLIES 106

wrote:

wrote:

I have a Samsung glaxxy grand prime 

I have a OnePlus 5T

I have a Moto G5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wrote:

I have a OnePlus 5T

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Amystg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sweta

Public mobile couldnt help.. 

I got it fixed on my own by getting it unlocked.

Thanks everyone!

The default for all Public Mobile sim cards is 1234.  If the wrong code is entered too many times, that sim card becomes unusable.

What a modertaor can provide is the PUK code.  This code is a backup code that overrides the sim card pin, allowing you to resume using your sim card.  To set  a new PIN for that sim card, it is done by the customer using the device itself to do it.

Sweta

Thanks! I pmed them.. Hooe they will reply 

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sweta, if your sim is locked, you will need to contact a member of the Modertator Team to get the puk code to unlock the sim and choose a new 4-digit pin.

When contacting the Mod Team, be sure to include your name, sim number, account number, and account pin.

Sweta

Hey guys i am having the same issue. Can someone unlock sim network for me? My phobene is unlocked

kylerens
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The sim network unlock pin problem can be solved by online generator!

volaxis

Problem fixed-

I had to find an old 4.1.1 rom on xda (before samsung disabled this loophole). Aparently there are no truely ulocked phones, just phones that the factory switches off but if your phone reverts for some reason (battery in my case) then it can switch back to locked. Probably would have been cheaper in time saved to pay the ebay gremlins but more satisfaction in DIY, plus this way you can set the default state to unlocked.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help-i9305/guide-sim-unlock-i9305-t3267901

imm1304

Hey @volaxis,

I had similar experience with LG G3 for a family member 1-2 years ago.  

It refused to be unlocked on a Marshmallow custom rom.  

The solution was to downgrade to stock Lollipop and unlock.  Subsequent flashing of other custom roms was fine.  

volaxis

I've since tried a few older stock roms and factory defaults. Still they all require sim unlock. The sim card seems to be working on others phones so I guess its a phone issue. Feels like ransomware that my phone all of a sudden requires some unlock code after years of use. Its an old phone but perfect for my limited needs. Might be time to upgrade... built in obsolescence/grumble.

imm1304

Hi @volaxis!

Your phone is asking for the network unlock code as if the carrier lock has kicked in randomly.

Its strange but has happened to me 6 years ago with an old Samsung S2 phone.  It used to randomly ask for unlock code every few months.  Luckily, I had purchased an unlock code and had it saved in my email inbox.  

In your case, I would recommend a factory reset to sort out what looks like a software glitch.  Be warned that factory reset will cause you to lose any personal files/data on your phone.  

If that doesn't resolve it, you may have to purchase an unlock code .. they are very cheap on places like ebay.  

volaxis

The phone is an old galaxy s3 international version, brought in the UK and used in Canada for many years now, its always been unlocked and never assosiated with a carrier.

Im going to go find another phone to test the sim in and localize the problem.

The wording of that would indicate a phone be locked to a different carrier.  So, this is  a strange one. 

Even so,  the phone shouldn't be saying "successfully unlocked" if you are just entering random numbers.  Also, I wouldn't keep guessing. If this is the sim pin that your phone is asking for, you can lock yourself out of your sim card.  If you do that, you will need the PUK to regain use of it. 

If your phone is somehow locked to another carrier (which I can't see how that would happen), entering the incorrect code too many times often makes it so that your phone will become permanently locked to the original carrier.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

(I assume you know it, but for others reading this)

- Public Mobile's SIM default PIN is supposed to be 1234.

- Entering too many times a wrong PIN will block the SIM

- You then need the PUK, provided by Public Mobile's moderator, to unlock your SIM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is very weird that it happened by itself... Same thing for the "succesfully unlocked" bit... I don't understand why...

Since you said your phone was always unlocked I assume the problem is the SIM PIN, but if you can it is still worth trying another SIM in your phone to see if it works (or trying your SIM in another phone).

Would be good trying because maybe the phone got locked (why/how I have no idea, but people reported in th past some unlocked phones bought at Costco locking themselve to the first carrier they were activated. Obviously not your case, but shows that a phone can, in some instances, become locked after being unlocked).

Also, maybe te phone can be locked even if it says "Sim network unlock PIN" (when my brother got is brand new SIM card in his locked phone from another carrier, the message displayed was asking for "SIM access code", but the code needed was the phone unlocking code bought on Ebay, not the SIM PIN).

Anyways, if the problem is actually the SIM being blocked, to get your PUK, you need to contact the moderators. You already done so by tagging them. If you want to be a step ahead, send one of them (they all see all messages) a private message with all details including your Public Mobile phone number. THey should send you your PUK tomorrow morning around 9-10 eastern time.

Need Help? Let's chat.