cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM network PUK

Ifrah_hi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I put my public mobile sim, in my galaxy S7 and it asked for the sim PIN. I typed in the 4 digit number which I made when I was setting up my account. It did not take the number and I am surprised coz I wrote down my PIN so there is no way I put in the wrong numbers. 

After the third time of denying my sim network PIN, it is now asking for sim network PUK and I don't know what that is. 

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2

@Ifrah_hi wrote:

I put my public mobile sim, in my galaxy S7 and it asked for the sim PIN. I typed in the 4 digit number which I made when I was setting up my account. It did not take the number and I am surprised coz I wrote down my PIN so there is no way I put in the wrong numbers. 

After the third time of denying my sim network PIN, it is now asking for sim network PUK and I don't know what that is. 

Please help.

SIM Network Unlock PIN is a code used to unlock the phone for use with other carriers.

Your phone is asking for the SIM Network Unlock PUK becuase of the code guessing.  This code is needed to reset the ability to use the SIM Network Unlock PIN.

Before anyone makes the suggestion, this isn't anything that the moderators can help you with. If the phone is asking for these codes with the Public Mobile sim card inserted, the phone is locked to some other carrier.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Need Help? Let's chat.