cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM cards

JP8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Any suggestions on cheapest places to get a PM Sim these days?

18 REPLIES 18

@Anonymous 

I don't even know where that subject line comes from in this thread?!!

@CountyDownIeUk 

My workaround worked....still haven't recieved the sim cards because Canada post is completely useless! I haven't recieved any mail in nearly 3 weeks!! It cost me $4 more per activation but the deal was worth it.....the free month credit and the 5gb data add on stacked! $21+$4.20=$25.20 for 6 months of service and 2gb+5gb=7gb of add on data+500 international min.

Anonymous
Not applicable

lol Dragged out from the shadows of history...Phones & Hardware. I guess that'll happen with all the old threads in old categories being searched and added to. But I'm not sure even the above post belongs in that category.

Dang...I sure miss the little pop-up. Hover over a name and get some stats. Oh well.

Edit: this subject line business is kinda irritating. I was replying to the subject line that evolved in the thread.

Re: Unbeatable Plans with Latest Offers by Canadian Cell Supplies

Letterman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you can't afford $ 15.00 for a SIM Card, you can't afford a cell phone!

@CountyDownIeUk 

No you have it the wrong way round. CCS can only activate their specifically numbered pm sim cards for their promotions. So you purchase the activation bundle. Send in the activation details. CCS activates the sim card.

You set up a chat with the owner and you enter the email and phone number to set up self serve while he puts the sim card in his phone to recieve the 6 digit alphanumeric code in a text frm pm. He gives you the code to complete the self serve account set up.

Then you perform a sim swap via email 2FA. CCS disposes of the sim card he just activated after giving you the 4 digit account pin #. You now have the active sim card for the account and you contact customer support to change the account pin # after you finish entering all of the account profile details and register for autopay.

CCS saves on the shipping cost and it only extra cost you pay is the price you paid for the discounted sim card (currently $2.50+tax).

@darlicious 

Not sure of your SIM swap terminology. 

Take CCS deal. 

Immediately activate the deal with a spare SIM card 

You wait for CCS to complete the process 

You’re in business 

The new un activated SIM arrives and becomes a new spare. 

The question is...will he activate a SIM purchased elsewhere? He does keep track of SIM numbers the are sold. 

@CountyDownIeUk 

I literally just figured out a workaround for the delivery issue especially to the west coast. I have 2 activation bundle sim cards that we're shipped yesterday via Canada post. They normally arrive in 5 business days so I should be good but with Canada post and holidays and my idiot mail carrier there is a chance I won't get them in time to activate before the end of the month.

However there is nothing stopping you from activating a bundle with CCS and instead of shipping the sim card just perform a sim swap immediately after activation. As long as the owner isn't too busy he will send the self serve account 6 digit set up code to you. Then you just swap sim cards. Even if he can't send it you can ask customer support to swap sim cards and you finish account set up afterwards you just need the 4 digit account pin # communicated to you or go thru all the extra verification questions with customer support.

The cost of a discounted sim card is still much cheaper than express shipping or losing a week of service waiting for an activated sim to arrive.

@darlicious wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

I agree with you if you just want to save on the sim card and activate online for the 2GBBONUS promocode promotion. But if you want overall savings and/or want to activate on a lower plan then CCS is the best deal by far. $20% off activation vouchers of $50 or $100 too!

You forgot to mention that when taking a CCS deal that you get the SIM free and you can give a referral code to use. But is two step...pay in full....wait for SIM delivery....activate SIM using the CCS process....wait for CCS to complete. 

@CountyDownIeUk 

I agree with you if you just want to save on the sim card and activate online for the 2GBBONUS promocode promotion. But if you want overall savings and/or want to activate on a lower plan then CCS is the best deal by far. $20% off activation vouchers of $50 or $100 too!

PM website has a good deal right now 2 for $5. Has been that way on and off all month. 

And their delivery is much better....filled from a 3rd party warehouse in Calgary and sent by UPS.  I ordered 2 sets.....2 separate orders. 

CCS has their YO YO pricing.....today was $4 but $10 a couple of days ago. They have a real crazy way of marketing. To the point of being stupid marketing, if you ask me. 

The odd person has them on Craigslist free and eBay for 99 cents. Read the ads carefully and check their feedbacks. Most have honest good deals...but you have to pre activate. I have done that way with no issues. And delivery time is reasonable. 

So..Craigslist first, eBay second, PM third, Amazon fourth, CCS last 

@Sadia-Din 

Nice catch! They have added the free month promo now. Hopefully I will get my sim cards by next Friday!

@Sadia-Din 

Thanks for the update....I should have ordered the bundle last night instead of waiting for an answer to my clarification question on the 6gb.

P.S. Please remove the link though as it contravenes the community's terms and conditions.

@Sadia-Din 

Thank you....I had just checked CCS an hour ago and this deal had not been posted yet....so we are back to this one again. If you want to plan ahead to save more $$ on your pm services the best way to take advantage of this deal would be to order the unactivated free sim card bundled with the 50% off the $50/10.5gb plan and wait for it to arrive in about 5 business days via Canada Post.

Hopefully in the next week or two pm then offers a free month credit. You activate with CCS, use a referral code for an additional $10 bonus referral credit. Schedule a plan change to your preferred plan to occur on your next renewal ( your first.) At sometime in the next 30 to 60 days pm will apply the free month credit to your account equal to the the rate plan you activated on.

CCS mentions 6gb of free data on $25+ plans but I can't find any info on that?!!

The math: Pay upfront $75+tax for a free sim card, the $50/10.5gb plan and a $50 account credit.

Your account balance after paying for your for your first month=$50+$10 (bonus referral credit) =$60+$2(autopay)=$62-$15 ( if you change to the $15 plan)=$47+$50 (free month credit) =$97+$2 (autopay)=$99-15=$84+$2 (a/p)=$86-$15=$71+$2 (a/p) =$73-$15=$58+$2 (a/p)=$60-$15=$45 +$2 (a/p)=$47-$15=$32+$2 (a/p)=$34-$15=$19+$2 (a/p)=$21-$15=$6+$2 (a/p)=$8 Add $7+tax to your account to pay for your tenth month of service.$75+$7=$82+ tax ( gst only?) $4.10=$86.10 for 10 months of service ( the first on the $50/10.5gb plan.) $86.10÷10=$8.61 per month.

@JP8 

Here is CCS's latest promo.....

@JP8 

CCS has good prices and you can consider their bundle deals that come with a free sim card. If you plan ahead and order the $50/10.5gb plan at 50% off but wait to activate it until after you recieve it (5 business days) and then stack it with a pm flash sale (lately the third month free) you can save significantly. You can downgrade to a plan with less data for your second month if you don't need 10.5gb of data every month.

Edit:

@JP8  I should update this deal as anyone here who registered an account with CCS and gets bombarded with their emails knows.....they constantly change their prices and promotions. They are never stagnant thats for sure.....so if you see a good deal don't hesitate snap it up!

Now I'm wishing I had stockpiled a couple of $50 plan bundles at 50% off. Oh well.....still a decent deal being offered by them though.....I have not confirmed the details as I understand them with the owner as of yet but they are as follows:

It seems that they negotiated some sort of deal with pm to offer a third month free limited time flash sale at least once a month outside of pm's own marketing promotions....so its retailer specific.

As far as I can tell pm credits you the third month in your account. CCS now offers a first month discount of up to 30% off** and a free sim card. But you must pay for your first two months when you activate your sim card with CCS.

You can pay for the activation bundle with a credit card, paypal etc...but the funds to pay for your first two months are added to your account in $10 voucher amounts. So once you are activated there will be a credit equal to your plan amount in your available funds. If you use a referral code you will also get the $10 bonus referral credit added to your account balance within 72 hours. Then in the next 60 days before your third renewal pm will add a free one month credit to your account balance.

1. $15 plan -15% off ($2.25)=$12.75+$15=$27.75+free sim card.
  2. $25 plan - 20% off ($5)=$20+$25=$45+free sim card.
  3. $35 plan - 21.5% off ($7.50)=$27.50+$35=$62.50+free sim card.
  4. $40 plan - 25% off ($10)=$30+$40=$70+free sim card.
  5. $50 plan - 30% off ($15)=$35+$50=$85+free sim card.

Using the $50 plan as an example you can still maximize your savings by downgrading to either the $25 or $15 plan (or any other plan depending on your needs) before your first renewal. You pay more up front but you don't have to worry about paying for your service for 9 months! Based on changing to the $15 plan after activating on the $50/10.5gb plan:

You pay $85+tax for your first 30 days of service. Your account will have a credit of $50. $50+$10 bonus referral credit=$60+$2 autopay reward once you register a card for autopay=$62. Schedule a plan change on next renewal to the $15 plan. $62-$15=$47+$50 free third month credit from pm =$97+$2 autopay=$99-$15=$84+$2 a/p=$86-$15=$71+$2 a/p=$73-$15=$58+$2 a/p=$60 - $15=$45+$2 a/p=$47-$15=$32+$2 a/p=$34-$15=$19+$2 a/p=$21-$15=$6+$2 a/p=$8 

You will have an $8 credit remaining in your account's available funds to put towards your ninth renewal (10 month of service.) Add $7=$15-$15=$0

$85+tax upfront+7+tax to pay for your tenth month=$92+tax÷10=$9.20+tax per month for your pm plan. $92+$26 ($15 plan×2=$30) -$4 (2×$2 a/p=$4)=($26)=$118+tax for an entire year (360 days) of service =$9.83+tax per 30 days of service.

Heck if you really want worry free service and if you are outside of Ontario then CCS charges gst only. Have them add an extra $40 in vouchers to your account and purchase the $5/500 min canada wide calling add on once you have changed your plan to the $15. You pay $125+gst ($6.25)=$131.25 for an entire year of service without any worries about a possible autopay failure interrupting your service.

The peace of mind of an extra 500 minutes of outgoing talk time if you exceed your plan minutes after the first month on the $50/10.5gb plan. All for $10.50 a month (30 days) including tax....and a couple of $$ left over just in time for your first loyalty reward to kick in so your second year will only be $1.50 more per month + tax=$12+tax per month.

CCS honours the pre-purchased bundle deals if you prefer to order and not activate first and then wait for a free month promotion to stack offers. Which is why I am bemoaning not buying a couple of the 50% off $50 plan bundles....oh well you snooze you lose!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@JP8  Anywhere is good, just not from PM directly, unless you don't mind to wait 3+ weeks  🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JP8 wrote:

Any suggestions on cheapest places to get a PM Sim these days?

@JP8 the cheapest I have ever purchased is $1.99 (plus taxes) from canadiancellsupplies.  from https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card

Stock up if this ever comes up again...but they go FAST.

2.99 is more of the normal 'sale' price with this place I found.

So I suggest signing up to their emails, and if you get an email for a SIM card price drop, jump on it quickly.

@JP8 

CCS has good prices and you can consider their bundle deals that come with a free sim card. If you plan ahead and order the $50/10.5gb plan at 50% off** but wait to activate it until after you recieve it (5 business days) and then stack it with a pm flash sale (lately the third month free) you can save significantly. You can downgrade to a plan with less data for your second month if you don't need 10.5gb of data every month.

Edit:

**This bundle deal is no longer on offer by CCS (pre-purchased bundles will still be honoured and activated. Please my follow up post for CCS's latest deal.)

softech
Oracle
Oracle
if you are activating an account, get it from local Kiosk, they might give it to you for free...

Anonymous
Not applicable

visit HERE 

or

visit HERE 

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.