cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

dougjoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is a prepaid SIM card the same as a public Mobile card that doesn’t say prepaid ?

9 REPLIES 9

@tavestwo wrote:

I purchased a prepaid sim card for PM from Amazon Canada.  It includes a bonus $10 credit referral code for new activations. However, I have yet to find where this credit will be shown on my account.  Thanks.

Once you activate, the $10 credit will appear in Available Funds within 72 hours after activation in self service.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

tavestwo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a prepaid sim card for PM from Amazon Canada.  It includes a bonus $10 credit referral code for new activations. However, I have yet to find where this credit will be shown on my account.  Thanks.

Public Mobile's "triple punch" SIM cards support all three North American physical SIM card form factors. The plastic spacers are just plastic spacers, they don't contain anything electrical, and they're interchangeable with all other North American SIM cards.

Public Mobile does not support eSIM formats (yet).

Public Mobile does not support special SIM card extensions (like NFC, TPM, etc).

Some operators issue different kinds of SIM cards which they've registered for different service models (like prepaid vs postpaid, VoLTE, whatever), but Public Mobile only has one kind of SIM card for one kind of (prepaid) service.

@dougjoy wrote:

Is a prepaid SIM card the same as a public Mobile card that doesn’t say prepaid ?

While some Public Mobile SIM card might look different, there is no functional difference in any of them - as long as you get a SIM card that is the size that you need (some older version could only be used for one sizing type).

@Dunkman wrote:

@dougjoy 

Can you attach a photo of your SIM card?  

There are two designs.  

Here is the old designScreen Shot 2018-08-18 at 8.28.09 PM.png

I know of at least 3 different designs. In addition to the one in picture that you posted, there is also a version that is mainly blue in color.  There's also the newer design with the newer Public Mobile logo and designs.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dougjoy 

As long as the SIM card packaging has the picture of those 3 funny looking people figures and/or the words Public Mobile on it, you're good to go!!!

The SIM card itself should at least contain the word "PUBLIC" on it, if nothing else.

At least, this is what a recently purchased spare I have looks like.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dougjoy  It is the same thing, as Public Mobile offers only prepaid services / plans.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dougjoy 

Can you attach a photo of your SIM card?  

There are two designs.  

Here is the old designScreen Shot 2018-08-18 at 8.28.09 PM.png

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Checked Amazon and there are PM sims that include one month of service.

https://www.amazon.ca/Activated-Public-Mobile-Canada-Talk-Text/dp/B08FKK7KPC/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1...

Need Help? Let's chat.